★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Action RPG's?

05-19-2013, 05:24 PM
#1
Action RPG's?

Hey, are there any good Action RPG's like Diablo? Don't want any that I have to pay to play, just a one time purchase. Thanks!
05-19-2013, 06:53 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRedNinja View Post
Hey, are there any good Action RPG's like Diablo? Don't want any that I have to pay to play, just a one time purchase. Thanks!
3 best ones without any IAPs:

Dungeon Hunter 2 (kinda old visuals-wise, but still pretty good)
Orc Vengeance
Bastion (no random item drops though, but one of the BEST ALLTIME IOS GAMES)

Also check out (these may have IAPs):
Wraithborne (less RPG, but has deeper combat mechanics rather than button mashing mayhem)
The Gods (same as Wraithborne)
Stone of Life (one of the best KRPG games today. KRPG freemium done right, as i havent spent anything on it and im level 50+, and still playing plenty. Im thinking of buying premium items later on when i get to high-end levels to thank the devs for a great game)
Aurum Blade (another KRPGs freemium done right)
Crimsonheart (arguably the best KRPG to date. IAPs totally optional)
Master of Dungeon (another great KRPG. IAPs totally optional)
EpicHearts Plus (another great KRPG with totally optional IAPs)
Wild Frontier (KRPG freemium done right)

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 05-19-2013 at 07:00 PM.

05-19-2013, 07:40 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
3 best ones without any IAPs:

Dungeon Hunter 2 (kinda old visuals-wise, but still pretty good)
Orc Vengeance
Bastion (no random item drops though, but one of the BEST ALLTIME IOS GAMES)

Also check out (these may have IAPs):
Wraithborne (less RPG, but has deeper combat mechanics rather than button mashing mayhem)
The Gods (same as Wraithborne)
Stone of Life (one of the best KRPG games today. KRPG freemium done right, as i havent spent anything on it and im level 50+, and still playing plenty. Im thinking of buying premium items later on when i get to high-end levels to thank the devs for a great game)
Aurum Blade (another KRPGs freemium done right)
Crimsonheart (arguably the best KRPG to date. IAPs totally optional)
Master of Dungeon (another great KRPG. IAPs totally optional)
EpicHearts Plus (another great KRPG with totally optional IAPs)
Wild Frontier (KRPG freemium done right)
I cant believe you missed The Bard's Tale. I hate u
05-20-2013, 01:15 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzandreezz View Post
I cant believe you missed The Bard's Tale. I hate u
Oh gawd. LOL. You're right. Why do i miss that game more than half the time?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-20-2013, 02:22 AM
#5
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: A state in a country in a continent in the world
Posts: 950
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Thanks Exact-Psience, your lists are always good. I'm gonna check those games out, well, the ones I don't already have.
05-20-2013, 12:18 PM
#6
My vote is:
1.The Bard's Tale
2.Bastion
3.Orc:vengeance
05-20-2013, 09:18 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: on the 12th planet from the sun
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzandreezz View Post
My vote is:
1.The Bard's Tale
2.Bastion
3.Orc:vengeance
Add the games in the Solomon series