• Publisher: Tunnista
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.1 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 1.7 (3)
App description: The baddies have taken over the world as you know it. With the help of magic, new technology, and guns they have turned the world into an evil place. You are one of the last survivors. Fight off the creatures of hell with an array of weapons, including the chainsaw, rocket launcher, and shotgun. It is up to you to save the world.

*Fight through 40+ levels of Hell-hounds, creepers, skeletons, and vampires.

*Find keys to unlock doors and hidden secrets.

*Fully customizable in game controls.

*How skilled are you? 4 different difficulties to test your gun slinging skills.

*Find all the weapons! 8 different weapons to reek havoc on the baddies with.

***Upcoming in Version 2.1***

*Co-op and multi-player mode*
Play against or with your friends!

*New baddies and Weapons*
More bad guys to destroy and weapons to destroy them with!
05-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Say what ?! Er... I'm confused. Doom with M/Craft mobs ? Scam ?

The other apps by this dev don't look too promising. One is called 'punch a troll' and is priced 57.99 !

I am steering well clear of this.

Last edited by bigred447uk; 05-20-2013 at 02:05 AM.

05-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Lol, those screenshots look highly suspect...
05-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Got to love people that rip off others work
05-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
It'd be a rip off if they took the doom source code and shoehorned in a graphical do over. But something tells me they took a couple of screenies from the Doom app and photoshopped bad graphics onto them...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I'll be eating my hat anytime soon.

(I don't have any hats anyway, I hate hats)
05-20-2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
It'd be a rip off if they took the doom source code and shoehorned in a graphical do over. But something tells me they took a couple of screenies from the Doom app and photoshopped bad graphics onto them...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I'll be eating my hat anytime soon.

(I don't have any hats anyway, I hate hats)
You're probably right, but I'd consider it a rip off of id's work either way due to the dev trying to trade off it.
05-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
You're probably right, but I'd consider it a rip off of id's work either way due to the dev trying to trade off it.
I should have clarified, it's worse than a rip off if it is what I think it is...
05-20-2013, 03:06 AM
I'm not sticking up for this dev, i mean it looks a total con, Doom with a couple of 'perhaps' weapons slightly modified. I mean you can tell with just 2 screenshots and no gameplay video etc that it looks suspicious.

But isnt Doom open-source ? I presume its only for fans and not revenue-earning companies to create new games ?

If this had totally new levels/new graphics etc i would totally be into it, but as it is it seems like they've changed minimal graphics and are now trying to pass it off as a new game.

I would AVOID big time
05-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Yeah! Or NOT! Me no touchy dis!
05-20-2013, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'm not sticking up for this dev, i mean it looks a total con, Doom with a couple of 'perhaps' weapons slightly modified. I mean you can tell with just 2 screenshots and no gameplay video etc that it looks suspicious.

But isnt Doom open-source ? I presume its only for fans and not revenue-earning companies to create new games ?

If this had totally new levels/new graphics etc i would totally be into it, but as it is it seems like they've changed minimal graphics and are now trying to pass it off as a new game.

I would AVOID big time
Yeah the code is open source, the assets like graphics and sound aren't. I think the agreement is non commercial only and that you must release your modified code as well. Someone with better knowledge may be able to give a more accurate interpretation.