Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.x

Default MajiKazo [Universal]

MajiKazo: from your ZX Spectrum and MSX to your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Now available on the App Store. With comfortable and responsive touchpad-like touch control and featuring iCade support for the ultimate arcade experience.

Get your dose of REAL coin-op feeling now!

Download on the App Store

MajiKazo home page

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 AM

Old 05-21-2013, 05:48 AM

I am a sucker for coin ops so I bought it. Not quite sure what to think of it. Clean crisp graphics and good retro feel. Maybe it is me but the on screen controls are not responsive enough ( or maybe I need to get more into the game) can imagine this will be great using the icade.

Tip: shake your device to get in pause menu to see instructions on how to play the game.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 PM

Love those neat scanlines & shadow mask CRT FX. I'm afraid I'll just wear out my iCade! The free trackpad-like touch controls are pretty comfortable and less intrusive than typical D-pad (it takes a few games to get used to, though), and left-handed support is always welcome.

I find shake-to-pause also a good idea to avoid ruining the coin-op immersive xperience with a boring pause icon.

On the other hand, the app icon is terrible
Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 AM

Many apps claim to be "retro".
Ohwell: this game really is!

Nice touch control if you don't have any iCade device (which is awesome to play).

Good one.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

How did i miss this yesterday ! Love the look of this, theyve got the proper old skool arcade font. Graphics/scanlines etc

Downloading now !
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 AM

Great one... it really feels like playing at the arcades back in the eighties.

I love the scanlines!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:27 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Wow! AT LAST a real classic arcade experience

I just downloaded the game and I'm really impressed with this one O_O

I consider myself an expert on classic gaming and I can't remember a single recent game featuring such retro feeling.

It's quite playable and funny. GFX and sound is like playing on a real 8bit thing.

I love it!!!

Does anybody know if other games made by the same producer exist???
Old 05-22-2013, 05:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Must admit i'm rubbish with the controls on this one. But i'm stunned this isnt an actual arcade game, did a quick search on the net and it doesnt seem to be. I say that because it has the same classic MAME loading/reset screen (flashing squares) and the rom names appearing. If they've recreated the arcade look and feel themselves its amazing.

I'll play this later on my icade as i'm sure it'll be much easier. But i love the graphics/music and retro feel to this
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM

Majikazo is one of those classic style arcade games that is very easy to just pick up and start playing for a quick retro fix. It's very fun, easy to control, and just grabs you and takes you back to the good ol' days of retro arcade gaming. It's a completely new retro title that takes in to account so many classic elements of gaming that made many of the legendary retro arcade titles stand the test of time. Gameplay is similar to a cross between Pac-man and Gauntlet as the goal of each level is to search for a series of hidden keys to open a locked exit door, while blasting away enemies with your magical abilities and taking care to avoid and out-maneuver enemies that you may not be ready for. It's a perfect blend of action, strategy, and discovery as there are many hidden upgrades to find that can either increase your magical power level, alter magical affinity that will work on some classes of enemies while leaving others open to hunt you down, boots to allow you to run fast, clocks to stop the enemies in their tracks and that familiar red hat that gives you one extra chance at survival. Can you make it through all the floors! It will take true retro skills to help Flush accomplish his mission! A wizard has to make a living somehow, and Flush is going to need some major skills to collect this particular paycheck for his services!

Majikazo was first released by a development group called Lemonize, later Kralizec which focused heavily on creating brand new retro titles as part of a MSX / Spectrum revival scene, that still goes on today. This iOS version is a fantastic port and the extra attention to detail of making this look and feel as though it is being played on a classic arcade CRT monitor is wonderful. Oh and the music is quite catchy as well! You'll be humming Majikazo's theme in no time!