Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2013, 10:06 AM

Default Downhill Supreme - (by Reinholds Berzins)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 05-24-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm a sucker for a bike game, downloading now, impressions in a bit
Old 05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

This looks kinda cool.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Right well my early impressions are good, if you like your bike games then this is pretty cool, reminds me of what pumped bmx did for bmx games this does for downhill mountain biking,
There's three different control setups tilt/buttons and a stick and two buttons, (personally I've going with the buttons and it works fine)
The tracks start off really easy and ease you into jumps, drop offs and things,
The bike suspension reacts really well when your flying downhill at speed,
Only thing that's not to cool is your bike doesn't brake so if your going fast and miss a landing ramp or fly off a drop off with out slowing down then when your bike hits the flat the suspension can make it go boing! up into the air, unless you hit the ground so hard that your rider comes off personally I'd have liked to see wheels brake or the frame snap etc. mind this wont happen if your riding properly and slowing down for the drops etc, which you'll need to do for the fast times.
There's the usually 3 star system for each track based on your time.
Looks like plenty of tracks included and the usually more tracks coming soon tab at the end.
Bike customisation seems pretty in depth too, looks like there's loads of frames to choose from also wheels and forks, but it doesn't tell you how you unlock them, they just seem to unlock as you play from what I've seen so far.
Well this was supposed to be a quick this game is cool post
Overall then if you like bike games then I'd say this is worth picking up especially as its only 69p.
It's one of the better bike games out there,
Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just thought I'd also point out that the different bikes actually have an effect as just like a real bike they have the rear springs in different positions which effects the bike suspension and has some effect to how the bike handles,
This is more fun the more I play it, it's all about the right line and your speed which means you need to brake for parts and also not pedal as coasting lets you go faster.
I'm surprised as most bike games I buy end up being crap nice to come across a good one randomly.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Right well my early impressions are good, if you like your bike games then this is pretty cool, reminds me of what pumped bmx did for bmx games this does for downhill mountain biking,
There's three different control setups tilt/buttons and a stick and two buttons, (personally I've going with the buttons and it works fine)
The tracks start off really easy and ease you into jumps, drop offs and things,
The bike suspension reacts really well when your flying downhill at speed,
Only thing that's not to cool is your bike doesn't brake so if your going fast and miss a landing ramp or fly off a drop off with out slowing down then when your bike hits the flat the suspension can make it go boing! up into the air, unless you hit the ground so hard that your rider comes off personally I'd have liked to see wheels brake or the frame snap etc. mind this wont happen if your riding properly and slowing down for the drops etc, which you'll need to do for the fast times.
There's the usually 3 star system for each track based on your time.
Looks like plenty of tracks included and the usually more tracks coming soon tab at the end.
Bike customisation seems pretty in depth too, looks like there's loads of frames to choose from also wheels and forks, but it doesn't tell you how you unlock them, they just seem to unlock as you play from what I've seen so far.
Well this was supposed to be a quick this game is cool post
Overall then if you like bike games then I'd say this is worth picking up especially as its only 69p.
It's one of the better bike games out there,
Thanks!! I was on the fence on this one, but you pushed me over. I'm usually a sucker for bike games like this, but have gotten burned too many times. Looking forward to playing this one.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Thanks!! I was on the fence on this one, but you pushed me over. I'm usually a sucker for bike games like this, but have gotten burned too many times. Looking forward to playing this one.
Same here there's a lot of bike games which have some cool looking screen shots then end up being rubbish or a tiny wings style game, but this is an actual bike game for once.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thx for all your reviews guys, i'm going to buy it, but in the app description i didn't see GameCenter integration; can you confirm that? Thx!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 8.x

I'm sold. Downloading now!
Edit: just played two runs and already this is awesome. It feels just right!

From Ooooooomonkeys post...
"Only thing that's not to cool is your bike doesn't brake "

I noticed brakes on the left of screen on the first run.

Last edited by GPS; 05-22-2013 at 05:07 PM..
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Just thought I'd also point out that the different bikes actually have an effect as just like a real bike they have the rear springs in different positions which effects the bike suspension and has some effect to how the bike handles,
This is more fun the more I play it, it's all about the right line and your speed which means you need to brake for parts and also not pedal as coasting lets you go faster.
I'm surprised as most bike games I buy end up being crap nice to come across a good one randomly.
Loving this game so far!! Now, is it just the frames that handle differently? So far I've only opened up a couple rims and they seem just cosmetic so far. I haven't noticed a difference in handling. BUT, I'm only a few tracks in right now