★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **NOTE: Compatible with iPad 2 and up, and iPhone 4 and up - WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES**

The chips are down and the ante is up in this sentence already bursting with poker clichés!

Take the fifth seat in Poker Night 2 and go all in at a table featuring Claptrap (Borderlands 2), Brock Samson (The Venture Bros.), Ash (Army of Darkness) and Sam (Sam and Max series). Your dealer is GLaDOS (Portal series), but at no point will you be considered as a candidate for a visit to Aperture Sciences Enrichment Center. Unless you lose.

Listen to your new poker buddies hilarious banter discussing life, Rusty Ventures underwear and other amusing anecdotes!

Unlock in-game bounties including themed tables, chips, cards and other awesome items!

Play either Texas Hold em or the slightly less popular Omaha Hold em. No one knows why its less popular. Omaha is a great place.

MORE GAMES BY TELLTALE GAMES ON THE APP STORE:

Walking Dead: The Game
Back to the Future: The Game
Law & Order: Legacies
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
Jurassic Park: The Game
Monkey Island Tales
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Agent 2

Gift this App: Click the arrow next to Buy App on the iTunes® App Store.

Never miss out on great deals, news and updates. Visit us at

TelltaleGames.com
facebook.com/TelltaleGames
twitter.com/TelltaleGames
youtube.com/TelltaleGames

Sanuku's comments:

05-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Looks great but this price...

05-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to LN3000 Send a message via MSN to LN3000 Send a message via Yahoo to LN3000 Send a message via Skype™ to LN3000
I enjoy this game on my computer, so I'm likely to get this. The graphics are nice, the banter is funny, and the game is solid poker. Let's DO THIS.
05-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Well, it's just poker(NL Hold Em and NL Omaha High), but it's hands down the best single player poker game in the app store, perhaps of all time. Great themes, hilarious script, just a load of fun to play. A big step above the original for sure. It's going to be a tough sell for people who already bought it on PC, but this is perfect for on the go.
05-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Claptrap? GLADOS? With Ash and that guy from that Adult Swim show! In a game together! Instabuy!

Question: how do I play Texas Hold Em? Never played before and my attempts in Red Dead Redemption were pathetic. How does one know which hand is better; what's a flush, straight, high, etc; how exactly do you bluff if you can't see the other players?

Last edited by Bronxsta; 05-22-2013 at 10:26 PM.
05-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Claptrap? GLADOS? In a game together! Instabuy!
Question: how do I play Texas Hold Em? Never played before and my attempts in Red Dead Redemption were pathetic. How does one know which hand is better; what's a flush, straight, high; etc?
The game has an in game cheat sheet with graphics that tell you the name and strengths of each hand. The better you get at a game like Hold Em though, and the more you realize this has very little to do with the game. You're really playing the players, or in this case AI patterns, rather than what cards you actually have. If you only bet on sure hands and never grasp when to bluff, you won't get that far, and plus you won't have as much fun. But definitely look into this if you just want to kick back and play cards with Claptrap and friends, regardless of your skill level. It's a hilarious game.
05-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Well this came out of nowhere.
05-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
The game has an in game cheat sheet with graphics that tell you the name and strengths of each hand. The better you get at a game like Hold Em though, and the more you realize this has very little to do with the game. You're really playing the players, or in this case AI patterns, rather than what cards you actually have. If you only bet on sure hands and never grasp when to bluff, you won't get that far, and plus you won't have as much fun. But definitely look into this if you just want to kick back and play cards with Claptrap and friends, regardless of your skill level. It's a hilarious game.
That's useful. So basically I have to match wits with Claptrap and the others?
And yeah, a game with both Claptrap and GLADOS is instantly a pure comic masterpiece
05-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Looks great but this price...
Must... Restrain... My... Frustration!!!!

Seriously man. This is a very good deal for the price. It'll take you around 4ish hours to finish, and it's got some of the best characters you could ask for in cartoon and video game history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Claptrap? GLADOS? With Ash and that guy from that Adult Swim show! In a game together! Instabuy!
Oh my god.

Can you imagine if they'd have gotten Aisha Tyler or H. Jon Benjamin from archer? I know it's not Telltale, Valve or Adult Swim, but I don't care. It would have been awesome enough to make my head asplode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
Well this came out of nowhere.
Almost, they announced a while back that it was going to hit PSN and iOS in the near future.

Now, while a huge part of me wants to just get this for the 360 to have the borderland unlocks, the fact that I can't play on the 360 much at all these days along with the fact that it's 3x as expensive for me there is enoug to negate me doing that.

TL;DR: buying. Here. Now. Glados, here I come!!

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
05-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Can you earn the Borderlands 2 items in the game? I keep seeing it at the title screen, but it redirects me to the Telltale homepage.