Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 05-25-2013, 03:41 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Arrested Development Season 4 thread? :D

Hey everyone! Anyone else super excited for the fourth season of Arrested Development? It's going to be playing on Netflix at 12:01 am, and all 15 episodes will be available to stream at the same time!

AAHHHHHH! I'm so excited!

I'm rewatching the show right now. It has been a couple years, but I used to watch it almost too much back in the day. Even after this long break, I still remember most of the jokes and plotlines, but that doesn't diminish the fun at all. If anything, the show just gets better and better the more you watch it.

It is so good. The third season was only slightly underwhelming, but that's like saying "Oh Toy Story 2 wasn't quite as masterful and groundbreaking as Toy Story." It's a negligible offense.

If you haven't seen the show before, check it out on Netflix. They have all three seasons so far (and will put up the fourth one as stated above), and it's a great show to watch with friends and family. It's witty, smart, and just... awesome.

It got canceled back in 2006, and it amounted to a run of basically 2 and a half seasons (3 seasons, but the third was cut down significantly to just 13 episodes). Then it gained a cult following on home video, and now here we are with the return. The new season is upon us!

It was one of those shows that got canceled because it couldn't find a great audience. Ratings continued to drop, and Fox basically put it into suicidal timeslots eventually, leading to its demise. It was a critical darling, though, being one of the most highly-acclaimed comedy series in television history. Only things that have come close since then are Modern Family and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia... and they don't compare in terms of humor (Modern Family) or plot threads and running jokes that appear throughout the series (Sunny).

Check it out!

Anyone else excited?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:44 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Hey everyone! Anyone else super excited for the fourth season of Arrested Development?
Very much so.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I haven't kept up with news about Season 4 as much as many other fans, but I'm definitely excited. It feels kind of strange seeing all of the Saddam Hussein references in the older seasons.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:22 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Bring it.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Stay up late and watch Arrested Development, or go to bed early so I can catch the Monaco GP in the morning... decisions, decisions. I guess I could choose both; Monday is a holiday after all and I can catch up on sleep then...
Old 05-27-2013, 03:33 AM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanopele View Post
Stay up late and watch Arrested Development, or go to bed early so I can catch the Monaco GP in the morning... decisions, decisions. I guess I could choose both; Monday is a holiday after all and I can catch up on sleep then...
So what did you end up doing?

I haven't watched any of the Season 4 episodes yet, unfortunately. I am still finishing up on my rewatching marathon, and I think I have 7 episodes left. Then I shall start the new season!

I've been hearing wonderful things

/somewhatpseudoMichaelBluthquote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 AM

I just have to bump this. Finished it a few days ago and it was absolutely brilliant, even though it started a bit slow.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
I just have to bump this. Finished it a few days ago and it was absolutely brilliant, even though it started a bit slow.
Wow, you're alive.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Wow, you're alive.
Meh, at least I hope so. I've been pretty inactive here mostly because I don't really play any iOS games anymore, which is kind of the point of this formu, but I do sometimes check in. What's up with you?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
Meh, at least I hope so. I've been pretty inactive here mostly because I don't really play any iOS games anymore, which is kind of the point of this formu, but I do sometimes check in. What's up with you?
Nothing much. All quiet around these parts recently. Are you playing any games at all?