Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 AM

Default After two years, same question. Does my game worth spending $40,000 for Ad?

I started a thread two years ago:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=47677

Two years later , I bring another game , do you guys have the same answer, thanks?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM

Well it looks a lot better than your last game but before you spend a penny on ads I would improve your App Store description. You say absolutely nothing about what the game actually is. Also "Unique control style can make you immerse in the game." Is very bad English. I'm guessing it should be-

"Unique control style will immerse you in the game."

In general 40k is a massive amount? I always wonder were people get this money from? If you have some investor backing then maybe. If its your own hard earns cash and you not a millionaire then no, dont.

Also on screen shot 5 it should say "fully recharge" not "full recharge".
Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Don't even think about wasting money on ads in this situation. As was stated above, you really need to improve your App Store page. You will be able to drive some traffic to your app page, however conversions will be poor.

Screenshots are chaotic, add some labels to them, explaining various game mechanics. Improve your copywriting and enlarge whole copy text - explain mechanics, say why your game is original or at least add some testimonials.

In addition, you have to consider:
1, Do you have in app purchases? Because 0,99 game won't cover your advertising costs. At the end of the day, you can easily end up paying $1-2 per user.
2, If you have IAP, do you know what's your LTV? Since your CPI must be lower than your LTV, this is really crucial thing.
3, Still tho, you don't need to spend whole budget. Start with 50 or 100 bucks per day and test your ads. You will find what works and what doesn't.
4, What about your targeting? Even it's iPad, don't forget about Wi-Fi targeting.
5, What networks you wanna use? Chartboost or PlayHaven? Tapjoy? Facebook ads? iAds?

There are various ways to market your app, you can read my article here.

However, we need more information to give you a proper advice.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Yes, the game is pretty. Graphically great, but overall presentation is poor. You need an English speaking writer for the app description if you want to appeal to the US market. Not only does the writing itself need work, but it also tells me nothing about the game. I have no idea what this game is about.

I'm also somewhat against the name 'iDaggersHD', but that's your call.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
Well it looks a lot better than your last game but before you spend a penny on ads I would improve your App Store description. You say absolutely nothing about what the game actually is. Also "Unique control style can make you immerse in the game." Is very bad English. I'm guessing it should be-

"Unique control style will immerse you in the game."

In general 40k is a massive amount? I always wonder were people get this money from? If you have some investor backing then maybe. If its your own hard earns cash and you not a millionaire then no, dont.

Also on screen shot 5 it should say "fully recharge" not "full recharge".
Thanks, I have already changed the description.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypeon View Post
Yes, the game is pretty. Graphically great, but overall presentation is poor. You need an English speaking writer for the app description if you want to appeal to the US market. Not only does the writing itself need work, but it also tells me nothing about the game. I have no idea what this game is about.

I'm also somewhat against the name 'iDaggersHD', but that's your call.
I totolly accept. Anyone who want do this job for me? I will pay. I really want to find publisher for us.

Last edited by REANIX; 05-26-2013 at 02:56 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 02:54 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by REANIX View Post
I totolly accept. Anyone who want do this job for me? I will pay.
If you post the text here, myself (or someone else here) could probably do it in 5 minutes for free.

If you have extensive in-game text though, you might want to have a professional do it. I'm glad to help with the app description though.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypeon View Post
If you post the text here, myself (or someone else here) could probably do it in 5 minutes for free.

If you have extensive in-game text though, you might want to have a professional do it. I'm glad to help with the app description though.
Thanks a lot. Do you know someone or some company can do it?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by REANIX View Post
Thanks a lot. Do you know someone or some company can do it?
Odesk is fine - it's cheaper than company and you can hire a really good native copywriter there, even one from gaming industry.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3v View Post
Odesk is fine - it's cheaper than company and you can hire a really good native copywriter there, even one from gaming industry.
Hi, Thanks a lot for your information.
I found a one for us, and this is what he wrote, what do you think?

Get ready to frantically fling daggers for hours. iDaggers is a an intense platformer that will actually challenge you. If things get too heated hit your Fairy for slow motion and unleash a furious flurry of blades.

★ 12 POWERFUL WEAPONS
Throw an endless stream of upgradable Daggers and mix in that perfect AOE Bomb or chaotic Rocket.

★ FAIRY SLOW MOTION IS EPIC EVERY TIME.
Utilize your Fairy's slow motion whenever things get too overwhelming. She's your only hope.

★ TONS OF CUTE BADDIES WITH NOT SO CUTE ATTACKS
Look forward to new enemies and figuring out how to deal with their crazy assaults.

★ 20 RICH SOUNDTRACKS
Pop in headphones and you'll be completely in the zone, especially during Boss fights.

★ 7 JAW DROPPING BOSSES
Be prepared for some wild boss battles that will require strategy and pro moves.

★ INNOVATIVE TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS THAT WORK
Get a feel for the dual stick controls that feel easy and natural.

Some Pro Tips!
√ Use slo motion Fairy and weapons frequently. They recharge fast.
√ Hold down to have your Fairy shield you. Damage lowers her meter instead.
√ Toggle Auto Fire on the top left as you quickly master the controls.

--------

★ BROUGHT TO YOU BY REANIX
http://www.reanix.com

★ FOLLOW US ON TWITTER.
http://twitter.com/reanix