Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Terraria (By Re-logic and Codeglue)

Quote:
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. – MAY 31, 2013 - Originally released in 2011 by indie studio Re-logic, Terraria is a side-scrolling, action-adventure sandbox game with an emphasis on crafting and exploration set in vast and vibrant worlds. The game has received universal and critical acclaim with millions of “Terrarians” embarking on their own adventures since the game’s release on PC, XBLA and PSN. Now mobile gamers can gear up for the action because Terraria is headed to phones and tablets so players anywhere can dig, fight, explore and build!

Players will discover more than a dozen environments and face treacherous perils including over a hundred twisted foes, magical creatures and villainous bosses. The controls have been completely redesigned for touch screens and every aspect of the game has been tweaked and balanced to give players the perfect on the go Terraria experience.

Terraria for mobile platforms will support leader boards, achievements and Facebook integration so you can share screenshots of your adventures and creations. In development by Codeglue, Terraria for phones and tablets will be available starting this summer.
Well it makes sense! Surprised it took them that long to port it to be honest.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Damn. You beat me by two minutes. I blame my dog.

Should be interesting to see how they handle the controls. I can't imagine it working very well on any completely touched based platforms. Good luck fighting guys like Skeleton Prime . They could always rebalance the game I guess... But that's just cheap.

Will be getting the Vita version for sure. Might get this version if it goes on sale for cheap after release.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

OMG!!!One of the best PC game ever!!!I actually prefer this than minecraft......What a summer!!

Last edited by Alister; 05-31-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Oh good God! Like I saw the reason to neglect my family and pay total attention to my iPad! This week was bad enough but with XCOM coming out and all these other games are just on the horizon I fear I will never spend any time with my wife and kids again! Well at least they could be in a zombified stuper sitting right next me playing this game on their devices right next to me! Now to tell my wife and kids the news that now they can play Terraria on their 360, PC's and soon thier iTouch and iPhones!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Wow its coming to mobile?! Woa I think Junk Jack X is going to have major competition..... Does any one know if the mods currently available to PC owners can be used in the mobile? Also will save games be able to migrate to mobile? Though my one fear is what happened to minecraft when it ported to mobile, it was dumbed down and lost alot of good features. I hope this does not happen with this port though its very likely they have to remove and dumb down the game, to run on these mobile devices. I will have to keep a eye on this I am saving for JJX, though if this is better and just like the pc hmmm.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post

Well it makes sense! Surprised it took them that long to port it to be honest.
To be honest, the biggest hurdle that probably took them so long is the controls and interface. It's easy to assume dual stick until you realize you need a way to jump and attack. Perhaps they assigned those functions wrapped solely around dual virtual sticks but then theirs getting it to function right and not feel wonky...
Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Are you serious??

This is AWESOME news! Day-one purchase!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Never played this; can anyone talk about how it compares to Blockheads?

Last edited by Platyrrhine; 05-31-2013 at 02:57 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
Never played this; can anyone talk about how it compares to Blockheads?
I've played this on 360, its much more orientated to was combat.
Like minecraft/blockheads but with more fighting!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I was talking to my brother about this and how it should be on our iPhones, boom, excited!

Closed Thread