App description: The genre-defining 3D Tower Defense game, Defense Technica! Think you know tower defense? Think again.

Experience a new kind of Defense game with Defense Technica, featuring stunning 3D graphics and ground-breaking new features like path rotation, tower construction, tower upgrades, and card collection and combination!

* Unsupported devices: iPhone 3GS, 3rd/4th Gen iPod Touch, iPad 1
* You may lose data if you update while playing as a guest.
* Please sign up for a Hub account before updating.

Defense Technica is the ultimate 3D Tower Defense Game! Check out these groundbreaking features:

Path Rotation & Tower Building
- Build towers in strategic places to defend against incoming enemies, and rotate paths.
- Upgrade towers to increase striking power against the waves of incoming enemies.
- Defeat enemies to receive a variety of resources to upgrade your tower.

Collect & Combine Tower Cards
- Use the special upgrade card system to create your own unique cards and upgrades.
- Sell or combine unwanted cards to get new cards.

Ether Repair & Attack Items
- Later stages and waves have stronger enemies and continuous attacks.
- Use Ether items to annihilate enemies and to repair your core.

* This game supports English, français, Deutsch, , and .

* This is a singleplayer game. When deleting or initializing the game, please use the data backup/restoration service in options.

* Follow Com2uS on Twitter for the latest game updates! http://twitter.com/com2us

Connect with Com2uS!

Follow us on Twitter
twitter.com/Com2uS

Like us on Facebook!
facebook.com/Com2uS

For information on new games and special events, check out global.com2us.com!

strivemind's comments:

Official Trailer (English with Japanese subtitles)

Developer Gameplay
06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
$.99 for a limited time only! (Ends Thursday June 13th)
Does that mean it'll be free after that?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
The top IAP is "First Purchase Discount" for $0.99, this has me a little worried. I might pick this up as I love TD games as long as they aren't balanced towards IAP.
06-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Exactly my thoughts

Game Center: sink_or_swim
06-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Just added a developer-made gameplay video to the OP. Looks like some pretty great 3D graphics for a iOS tower defense. Things like missiles fly in 3D space to their targets.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Just added a developer-made gameplay video to the OP. Looks like some pretty great 3D graphics for a iOS tower defense. Things like missiles fly in 3D space to their targets.
Yeah... the videos do look great for a TD game, but the publisher Com2Us isnt really one of those i trust in terms of freemiumness and IAP.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I picked the game up since I am a TD junky. It's a decent title with good gfx but definitely geared towards the infamous com2us IAP card system. Basically the game is going to be very challenging if you don't spend money on card packs, how challenging I can't say yet as I have only played the first three levels(there are 20 levels total with several play modes). You can earn currency to buy card packs but are limited to the amount you can earn in game.

On a different note there is a lite version available, so I'm not sure about this becoming free except on special. Which is interesting because I would be more likely to buy IAP currency if it was freemium instead of this paid app geared towards IAP but that does seem to be Com2us current business model with their newer games with a very similar card system.
06-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Unlikely, since there is a lite version on the app store.
06-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1030 View Post
Unlikely, since there is a lite version on the app store.
Ohohohoho! You dont really know Com2Us that much do you?

06-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Ohohohoho! You dont really know Com2Us that much do you?
Yeah, I would think they will toggle the switch between paid and free as they do with all their games. It's a real shame too because I would be happy to pay $10 for this game if it was with the ability to earn all the cards in game rather than be bought with an IAP currency that you can only earn a little bit in game or through the usual tapjoy nonsense.