Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Developer

Default Kingdom Rush Frontiers HD - (by Ironhide Game Studio)

Kingdom Rush Frontiers (iPhone/iPod touch): http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=191970

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 06-06-2013, 01:56 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I am in love with TD games, so I obviously picked this one up. It's definitely a fun game, I just have some personal issues with the pricing structure of the extra heroes. :shrugs shoulders:
Old 06-06-2013, 04:48 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

One of the most polished and complex tower defense games out there! It's also pretty challenging. Very glad to see they introduced a wide variety of ennemies and environments to shake things up. 5/5 for me
Old 06-06-2013, 04:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Can't get trough parasites stage, I got freeze power but always forget to use it.They always get me at last wave
Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM

It's a good game, but I was disappointed that there aren't any new basic towers - the only changes seem to be on fully leveled-up towers (and they are instead-of rather than in addition-to the tried-and-true ones)

At first I was upset about the thing with heroes, but the more I play the more I realize that the extra heroes are really just a shortcut to getting a high-level hero. You can get there with the included heroes (I think) - it still seems like a sketchy pricing model though, and the iaps cheapen the sense of this as a premium-quality game.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:37 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I loved the original game and played it to death. However, I started to lose interest right around the time they started mucking around with the whole Heros/additional Hero/IAP concept. I never actually finished the updated original game (although at some point I will probably get around to it).

Someone who has played through this: how truly necessary are the Heros to the game play? More importantly, how truly necessary are the IAP Heros to the game play? I never really bought into the Heros concept in the first place (I found them more irritating than anything else) and I detest IAP (just sell me the game dammit), but I loved the original game so much, I'm willing to give it another shot if they haven't screwed it up too badly.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by etonblue View Post
I loved the original game and played it to death. However, I started to lose interest right around the time they started mucking around with the whole Heros/additional Hero/IAP concept. I never actually finished the updated original game (although at some point I will probably get around to it).

Someone who has played through this: how truly necessary are the Heros to the game play? More importantly, how truly necessary are the IAP Heros to the game play? I never really bought into the Heros concept in the first place (I found them more irritating than anything else) and I detest IAP (just sell me the game dammit), but I loved the original game so much, I'm willing to give it another shot if they haven't screwed it up too badly.
Neither is particularly necessary; built in heroes are useful but not really essential to win, and IAP heroes are certainly not necessary (you can beat every part of the game without them).
Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
Neither is particularly necessary; built in heroes are useful but not really essential to win, and IAP heroes are certainly not necessary (you can beat every part of the game without them).
Exactly. The IAP haters are over reacting as usual.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Exactly. The IAP haters are over reacting as usual.

You will see them swarming in both KR threads once game and IAP price drop.
Anyway I never liked whole heroes concept , wish they put in more tower types instead of them, but well money talks and that's only thing that counts.Problem here is that game costs like premium ones and still has expensive IAP that probably angers most of people , they feel like missing part of game and being ripped even though paying a "high" price.But worst game breaker for me are gems with which everyone could acquire way too powerfull advantages to complete game, with no sense of achieving anything.
But core game is still amazing despite all that introduced stuff even though it now feels like aiming only casual crowd and milking as much money out of them.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Not sure if the app store is acting weird, but it shows the HD version with iphone screenshots, but it does not designate it as universal anywhere else. Is this a mistake, or is this version universal?