Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-06-2013, 12:32 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default SpongeBob Moves In (by Nickelodeon) [iOS Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 06-07-2013 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Moved video/appinfo around and added full appinfo.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm not sure I can do another Simpsons: Tapped Out without being tempted into a suicide pact.

I do love Spongebob though...
Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM

So far this game seems to be not as money hungry as Tapped Out is. You have your regular coins for currency and then you have jellyfish as you premium currency. (Kinda like the donuts in Tapped Out), but you gain jellyfish pretty regularly. I've been playing for about an hour and have over 100 jellyfish. Everything in the game can be bought with coins, with the exception of about 4 characters. Those are around 250 jellyfish each. I was hoping there wouldn't be a pay wall seeing how the game is 1.99 compared to Tapped Out which is free. There are a TON of characters in the game. Each with their own house. I played Tapped Out for quit awhile and this game is fairly close by comparison. They have some of the original cast for voice acting and the artwork it pretty good. I'm a huge spongebob fan, so I love the game. I'd say if you liked playing Tapped Out and your a spongebob fan, it's worth the 2 bucks.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:22 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm not sure I can do another Simpsons: Tapped Out without being tempted into a suicide pact.

I do love Spongebob though...
I dont know, spongebob looks like a better game than simpsons tapped Out. Maybe this will be fun.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This appeals to the manchild in me.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 PM

I give no fs what you think, I'm getting this and I'm excited about it.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:37 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

My 5 y.o. is a Spongebob fanatic so no way I was avoiding this one. It's only $2 but it is a shame that it is sooo freemium in its design. Even with less premium currency only stuff, even if it's more generous doling out jelly, the core design is a truly "been there, done that" freemium builder (that costs $2)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
My 5 y.o. is a Spongebob fanatic so no way I was avoiding this one. It's only $2 but it is a shame that it is sooo freemium in its design. Even with less premium currency only stuff, even if it's more generous doling out jelly, the core design is a truly "been there, done that" freemium builder (that costs $2)
I agree, but its Spongebob!!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I agree, but its Spongebob!!
Yes, it is that; can't argue there

Although I can't get away from the fact this feels very much "paymium", what is good is that it's *almost* a classic time management game. Micro quests are thrown at you constantly as you fulfill them, each resident is routinely in need of something to eat, timers at each production building run concurrently, and there actually is a set of production chains to deal with, not just timers. If you're in the right mindset, the game is more than just clicking on some plots and re-queuing before shutting it down until lunchtime. Children and the easily amused will be able to keep themselves busy with the game.

On a purely technical front, they need a better drag detection algorithm. It's almost impossible to touch anywhere without some interaction dialog popping up.

Anyhow, both kids are currently mesmerized with it and I've enjoyed it some
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 PM

I have trouble classifying this. How about "free to pay to play to pay?" Or "premifreemium"?