Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Default WWDC 2013 Discussion Thread

It's that time of the year again, WWDC! What are you guys expecting to be revealed at tomorrow's press conference by Apple? Expecations for iOS 7?

Discuss!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 06-11-2013 at 12:20 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 02:57 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Well, the forecast on Apple hardware seems quite barren... so I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing any new iPhones or iPads (unless they are repackagings with new colors or something.

iOS 7 is the talk of the town, though, and I'm sure they'll announce something about it... but I'm also expecting them to hold back a lot on it. Give us a few basic ideas of what we -can- expect, then announce the date of the full unveil, which I'm sure will also be the unveiling of the next iPhone/iPad/Both

Since I haven't updated to iOS 6 yet, I am expecting whatever happens in iOS 7 to be a joyous occasion on my end. But again, I don't want to update until they add in a native YouTube app. I can maybe do without the native YouTube app on my iPhone now, but my iPad... it can't happen. I really like the YouTube app on there, even if it is quite limited considering the many updates and improvements the main site has had since my iPad 2 came out

But I prefer the interface on it, I like the simplicity, and the only time I use playlists is when I'm sleeping and need something on in the background... and I have an app for that already.

The biggest thing, though, is that the YouTube app on my iPad doesn't have advertisements. I feel quite lucky about that... I'm now used to watching any and all YouTube videos that matter to me, without advertisements. I hope that doesn't change. But honestly I think that's the biggest reason why I won't update.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Well, the forecast on Apple hardware seems quite barren... so I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing any new iPhones or iPads (unless they are repackagings with new colors or something.

iOS 7 is the talk of the town, though, and I'm sure they'll announce something about it... but I'm also expecting them to hold back a lot on it. Give us a few basic ideas of what we -can- expect, then announce the date of the full unveil, which I'm sure will also be the unveiling of the next iPhone/iPad/Both

Since I haven't updated to iOS 6 yet, I am expecting whatever happens in iOS 7 to be a joyous occasion on my end. But again, I don't want to update until they add in a native YouTube app. I can maybe do without the native YouTube app on my iPhone now, but my iPad... it can't happen. I really like the YouTube app on there, even if it is quite limited considering the many updates and improvements the main site has had since my iPad 2 came out

But I prefer the interface on it, I like the simplicity, and the only time I use playlists is when I'm sleeping and need something on in the background... and I have an app for that already.

The biggest thing, though, is that the YouTube app on my iPad doesn't have advertisements. I feel quite lucky about that... I'm now used to watching any and all YouTube videos that matter to me, without advertisements. I hope that doesn't change. But honestly I think that's the biggest reason why I won't update.
I use Jasmine on the ipad as it has no advertisements. Sleek UI too
Old 06-09-2013, 03:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm pumped to see the redesign of ios. The idea of having a cohesive aesthetic plan for the hardware and software is potentially awesome
Old 06-09-2013, 03:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

If they go all "Metro" they can expect to find their skin burning away in the near future, courtesy of me.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:09 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

im hoping for iOS 7, iPhone 5S, iPad mini 2, and the iPad 5.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

iOS 7 should have a thing that deletes apps if you don't use them for an amount of time
Old 06-09-2013, 05:24 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Surprise appearance by Macklemore.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:29 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
iOS 7 should have a thing that deletes apps if you don't use them for an amount of time
Eesh... I don't know about that. Maybe a menu you can go to that lists the apps you don't use that take up the most space?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Looking forward to the redesign. Good riddance to skeuomorphism.

I might use the new iRadio, but only if there is a no-ads option. Hopefully they will just fold that into the iTunes Match subscription that I already pay for. Otherwise I may just stick with Pandora One.

And hopefully they will fix Home Sharing... didn't even realize it was broken though until this latest round of blu-ray ripping...

One minor feature that I'd like to see that I'm sure would make people around here happy would be to increase the max compressed app size from 2GB to 4GB. Would allow for larger ports like GTA: San Andreas and Morrowind/Oblivion.