Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 AM

Default Chubbins - (by Dahku Creations) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-14-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hmmm I'm curious about this one, I like what I see in the screenshots. Couldn't find any gameplay vids but according to the dev's website they're dedicated to making tributes to old school gaming from the 'golden era'.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
Hmmm I'm curious about this one, I like what I see in the screenshots. Couldn't find any gameplay vids but according to the dev's website they're dedicated to making tributes to old school gaming from the 'golden era'.
Hmm, I agree that this looks quite nice. Looks like it might have some speedrunny goodness, too.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Screens do look good but I cant base anything off screens.I'd like to see a video.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Do not let this one fool you. I've been playing it for a couple of hours now and I'm quite shocked at how intense this is.

Basically Super Meat Boy meets Bean's Quest, meets Mikey Shorts. Yes, precisely an auto-jumping twitch-based speed-running platformer.

The level design will make you tear your hair out, the physics and controls are just as flawless as those in Bean's Quest, it's innovative, brutally hard, the perfect game for leaderboard competition and...sheesh, is it necessary I mention it took me 26 minutes to finish the first world? >_>

Basically the game's set up as 5 worlds with 8 levels (including a boss fight) each. You have to play through the entire world to complete it and get a time. There are no penalties to dying, other than starting off at the beginning of the current level you're on. There are no checkpoints.

The nature of the game makes it tough to label "casual" despite the way looks, so this isn't "the perfect mobile game" that you can pick up when you have a second to spare. It's time consuming...but if ultimately comes down to how quickly you adapt to and maneuver your way across the levels.

CygnetSeven, Andy C83, Syntheticvoid...if you're reading this, don't think twice about it, just buy it.

Oh, and there's a lite version and the full version's on sale (with absolutely no IAPs). No brainer. Buy it.

PS: No, I haven't received a promo code for this and have no idea who or where the developer is, but if we manage to get Dahku Creations in here, I just want to shake their hands for being sick, twisted and wonderful. That level design!!! tuejejejeiuheiindjsjnsjjjsbkjivhk

Last edited by metalcasket; 06-13-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Cheers MC, you're awesome dude! I found the devs on Twitter, I shall invite them to join our little madhouse.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
CygnetSeven, Andy C83, Syntheticvoid...if you're reading this, don't think twice about it, just buy it.

Oh, and there's a lite version and the full version's on sale (with absolutely no IAPs). No brainer. Buy it.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

After playing through the first world (twice), it's easy to see why MC has given Chubbins a high reccomendation. I see a mix between Bean's Quest and Angle Isle. Most people who have played those games will attest to their quality, and Chubbins is just as good.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

MC - you rock! Thank you so so so SO much for directing me here... Lovin it so far! =oD
Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This game has Void written all over it! Definitely an awesome platformer. Hate to keep comparing it to the same game but if you liked Bean's Quest (which premiered at $3) then this is a pretty safe buy at a buck. Grab it before the sale is over.