App description: "The characters are engaging, the gameplay is tough but never cheap, and defeating each level yields some of the greatest satisfaction a gamer can get." -Wii U Only (9/10)

"With a small scope and limited budget, Dahku has turned this simple concept into a meaty, insanely challenging experience." -Nintendo Life (7/10)

"Chubbins is a tight platformer that does a great job of capturing the coveted old-school feel." -Nintendo Feed (8/10)

"It's Mario for masochists." -Touch Arcade (3.5/5)

"[...] addictive as well. I would highly recommend it." -Shine App (4.5/5)

Get ready for an adventure that delivers all the fun and intensity of classic platforming alongside all the smoothness and accessibility of modern gaming!

Guide our plump bunny hero, Chubbins, safely through 40 memorable levels across 5 increasingly challenging worlds! The controls are super simple--just move left and right. Stay on your toes though! Chubbins never stops bouncing, keeping every situation dynamic and making for interesting gameplay scenarios.

After conquering each world's unique boss battle, go back to perfect your route and reflexes and set new records in both Soft and Hard Modes, and master each level individually in Time Attack!

Sanuku's comments:

06-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Hmmm I'm curious about this one, I like what I see in the screenshots. Couldn't find any gameplay vids but according to the dev's website they're dedicated to making tributes to old school gaming from the 'golden era'.

06-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
Hmmm I'm curious about this one, I like what I see in the screenshots. Couldn't find any gameplay vids but according to the dev's website they're dedicated to making tributes to old school gaming from the 'golden era'.
Hmm, I agree that this looks quite nice. Looks like it might have some speedrunny goodness, too.
06-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Screens do look good but I cant base anything off screens.I'd like to see a video.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
06-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Do not let this one fool you. I've been playing it for a couple of hours now and I'm quite shocked at how intense this is.

Basically Super Meat Boy meets Bean's Quest, meets Mikey Shorts. Yes, precisely an auto-jumping twitch-based speed-running platformer.

The level design will make you tear your hair out, the physics and controls are just as flawless as those in Bean's Quest, it's innovative, brutally hard, the perfect game for leaderboard competition and...sheesh, is it necessary I mention it took me 26 minutes to finish the first world? >_>

Basically the game's set up as 5 worlds with 8 levels (including a boss fight) each. You have to play through the entire world to complete it and get a time. There are no penalties to dying, other than starting off at the beginning of the current level you're on. There are no checkpoints.

The nature of the game makes it tough to label "casual" despite the way looks, so this isn't "the perfect mobile game" that you can pick up when you have a second to spare. It's time consuming...but if ultimately comes down to how quickly you adapt to and maneuver your way across the levels.

CygnetSeven, Andy C83, Syntheticvoid...if you're reading this, don't think twice about it, just buy it.

Oh, and there's a lite version and the full version's on sale (with absolutely no IAPs). No brainer. Buy it.

PS: No, I haven't received a promo code for this and have no idea who or where the developer is, but if we manage to get Dahku Creations in here, I just want to shake their hands for being sick, twisted and wonderful. That level design!!! tuejejejeiuheiindjsjnsjjjsbkjivhk

Last edited by metalcasket; 06-13-2013 at 12:34 AM.
06-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Cheers MC, you're awesome dude! I found the devs on Twitter, I shall invite them to join our little madhouse.
06-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
CygnetSeven, Andy C83, Syntheticvoid...if you're reading this, don't think twice about it, just buy it.

Oh, and there's a lite version and the full version's on sale (with absolutely no IAPs). No brainer. Buy it.
06-13-2013, 12:12 PM
After playing through the first world (twice), it's easy to see why MC has given Chubbins a high reccomendation. I see a mix between Bean's Quest and Angle Isle. Most people who have played those games will attest to their quality, and Chubbins is just as good.
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
MC - you rock! Thank you so so so SO much for directing me here... Lovin it so far! =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
This game has Void written all over it! Definitely an awesome platformer. Hate to keep comparing it to the same game but if you liked Bean's Quest (which premiered at $3) then this is a pretty safe buy at a buck. Grab it before the sale is over.