★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Elemental Strife depicts the battle between two powerful and clever sorcerers that are able to control all four natural elements (water, fire, air and earth) and, breathing life into those lifeless materials, summon up incredible creatures that will do the fighting for them!

Players of Elemental Strife take turns playing on a game board of 10 by 10 squares, 32 of which are randomly covered up with one of each natural element, configuring a different scenario every encounter.

The objective of the game is to reach all of your opponents life points, or take control of all his sources of energy on the board.

The result is a chess like game, with a Good blend of tactics and luck, fairly quick gameplay and tons of replay !!!

CzarCastic's comments:


Looks like this could have potential, but the lack of any posts or reviews for a $0.99 game concerns me. I like dice and board games. I've added it to my wishlist for now. Anybody have any impressions?
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
#2
I'm also keen to hear some thoughts on this game. It has a cool premise, it has online multiplayer and it has rankings and stats - things that tend to get me interested.

It just doesn't have much exposure yet or have any reviews to give you background info.

It is only 69p though.

06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
#3
No single player! A shame, too, because it has alot of promise. But a game is only fun if you can PLAY it, and leaving out single player/AI from a game like this is pretty atrocious.
06-12-2013, 01:29 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
No single player! A shame, too, because it has alot of promise. But a game is only fun if you can PLAY it, and leaving out single player/AI from a game like this is pretty atrocious.

Multiplayer though? With async should be able to set up some duels, no?
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Multiplayer though? With async should be able to set up some duels, no?
Yeah, but that is a heck of a way to learn the game. A practice mode with an AI opponent is pretty standard for digital board games nowadays.
06-12-2013, 02:37 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
No single player! A shame, too, because it has alot of promise. But a game is only fun if you can PLAY it, and leaving out single player/AI from a game like this is pretty atrocious.
Where do you see that it is multiplayer only, with no single player option? I see in the screenshots an elemental mode and a versus mode. It is not clear what the elemental mode is, exactly. They also mention in one of the screen shots "Tons of replay with changing scenarios!", which may indicate some sort of solo play or campaign.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-12-2013, 06:21 PM
#7
Intriguing game. Jambo75 if anyone's interested in hooking up!
06-12-2013, 08:04 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Where do you see that it is multiplayer only, with no single player option? I see in the screenshots an elemental mode and a versus mode. It is not clear what the elemental mode is, exactly. They also mention in one of the screen shots "Tons of replay with changing scenarios!", which may indicate some sort of solo play or campaign.
The developer has confirmed over on BGG that there is no single-player option, honestly admitting that programming a competent AI is simply beyond his capabilities.
06-12-2013, 09:06 PM
#9
Lost my sale with no single player mode against A.I.. I am just not into multiplayer only boardgame apps.
06-12-2013, 10:31 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Lost my sale with no single player mode against A.I.. I am just not into multiplayer only boardgame apps.
Mine as well. It's been removed from my wish list. Too bad.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic