Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-17-2013, 06:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default TableTop Speed - a new type of AR racing

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Dekko is creating a new augmented reality platform for developers. Rather than using symbols or QR codes, Dekko actually scans your environment and builds a 3D world around it. Books become launch ramps, objects can fall off of shelves, etc.

Which brings us to TableTop Speed, our first iOS game, which allows you to turn your desk into a racecourse. Again, just to stress this, we aren't just doing 2D worlds. We build a map of your table, and allow your car to interact with it.

We are on the edge of a new wave of AR game making, and we'd like TA's suggestions to make it better. The game is free, so please give it a test dive and share your thoughts here or through twitter. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I haven't downloaded it yet but from the video shown, do you think it's possible to "download" the terrain and then play it? What I mean is develop a code having the program have the player take pictures from certain points (kind of like how panorama programs do things) and then play. While what I've describe is quite difficult but it would give more space for the car to move around. The iPhone/iPad cameras aren't wide angle cameras so space will be quite limited. Just a suggestion but this looks like quite a cool app. I take it a spin later after I free some space up.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:57 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Absolutely. In fact, our next app will really focus on the idea of downloading 3D objects and playing with them digitally. TTS is all about laying something digital onto the world in front of you, but the idea of saving TTS scenes for later play is kind of a cool idea.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:40 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is so frustrating. Every time I try to calibrate the terrain (the step where you fill the meter with green) the thing keeps resetting to "2D" once it reaches the "3D" mark. By now I must have tried hundreds of times, moving my ipod in different ways, aiming at different things, turning on airplane mode...everything. I got it to work once, but nothing since then.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hmmm, that sounds difficult. Currently we only support iPad2, iPhone 4s, and iPad Minis and higher because those are the devices that have dual core processing, but it sounds like your are using an iPod Touch 5. We haven't been able to test on that device, but it does have dual-core... It sounds like you have a good scene, and understanding of the process, so it's possible that it's just not capable on running on an iPod Touch.

Sorry about that, we'll keep trying to find a model to test out on ourselves, but thanks for letting us know about the issue.