★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

i wanna know what is the full name of IP and op

06-20-2013, 02:18 AM
i wanna know what is the full name of IP and op

i can read so I can easily tell IP means exclusive game belong to a certain system or platform.
and OP means the creator of a thread.
but it's really kinda not easy to figure out how IP and OP would connect to these meaning.
who would like show me the answer?

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.
06-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarence View Post
i can read so I can easily tell IP means exclusive game belong to a certain system or platform.
and OP means the creator of a thread.
but it's really kinda not easy to figure out how IP and OP would connect to these meaning.
who would like show me the answer?
It's quite simple really. You understand what they mean, but I'm guessing you don't know what exactly those two stand for.

IP: Intellectual Property
OP: Opening Post

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

06-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Also TC = Topic Creator.
06-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
It's quite simple really. You understand what they mean, but I'm guessing you don't know what exactly those two stand for.

IP: Intellectual Property
OP: Opening Post
Always thought op was original poster, as in the one who created the thread, so now I know something new, thanks!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
06-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Always thought op was original poster, as in the one who created the thread, so now I know something new, thanks!
It could very well be. One minute while I check... (I honestly don't know why I'm not checking before posting. >_>)

EDIT: Looks like opening/original post and original poster are all correct depending on the context.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 06-20-2013 at 10:44 AM.
06-21-2013, 10:33 PM
oh, i see
thx guys

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.
06-22-2013, 09:41 AM
I tend to use OP as "Original/Opening Post" because we have TC to address the person who posted it.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ