App description: Ultimate Action-Strategy / RPG Game

Journey through a fantasy world with your hero and team of customisable units. Learn new skills, collect new summoning cards and customise your team of elves, humans and demons. Play in solo-hero survival, wave defence or raid game modes.

FEATURES

20 UNIQUE UNITS WITH SPECIAL ABILITIES
Each unit has a unique special ability (slow, stun, maul, critical damage, etc.). Try different combinations and different strategies. Your hero can enhance the abilities of your units.

40 RE-PLAYABLE STAGES IN 3 DIFFERENT MODES
Each stage poses a different challenge. Test your survival skills in hero-survival mode, pit your strategies in raid mode or plan your defence in wave-mode.

REAL-TIME STRATEGY AND RPG
Heroes War distills the essence of traditional Real-Time Strategy games onto the mobile platform. Set way-points, micro-manage skills and spells, rush your opponents, etc. and more.

FULL CUSTOMIZATION OF UNITS
Upgrade specific traits of each unit to customize your team's strategy. You can enhance attack, health, cost and special ability of each unit.

INTENSE PvP ON IPAD
Two players can play on the same screen on iPad. Try out new strategies and unit combinations!

undeadcow's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Looks pretty sweet, ill give it a go. Downloading now.

06-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Well I've had time to play some of this and I'm surprised by how cool it is,
Ill start with the not so good, the animation could do with being smoother as its pretty jerky (not lag or anything just lack of frames)
It's pretty much your standard side on defence type game but with a story and tons of units, now when your doing the missions you have a chance of getting one of the enemy's unit types that you can then use yourself and before each battle you can switch and choose who to take into battle (all of the units can be upgraded with either attack,defence,lower their cost to summon)
You can also keep replaying levels to either get gems to level up your units and get xp to level up your hero.
Seems pretty cool so far and if you like the usual 2d defence style games then this is probably worth picking up.
I've been looking to find a new game like this for a while (haven't found a good 2d defence game since cartoon wars I don't think)
Well it's only 69p and I'd say its good if anyone's interested.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 06-21-2013 at 03:16 PM.
06-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the reviews. It looks really good. I'll try it out too.
07-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Hey, I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I'm curious how to tell if you can recruit a unit or not.

I've been replaying stage ~10 trying to get that skull dragon unit without luck.
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
Hey, I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I'm curious how to tell if you can recruit a unit or not.

I've been replaying stage ~10 trying to get that skull dragon unit without luck.
It must be pretty rare as I've been playing quite a bit and have finished the main quests and gone back to upgrade things but still I don't have that dragon skeleton thing either.

This is my usual setup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (292.9 KB, 3 views)
07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
It must be pretty rare as I've been playing quite a bit and have finished the main quests and gone back to upgrade things but still I don't have that dragon skeleton thing either.
My guess is that it might be a mini boss for the stage that you can't actually acquire. Thanks for the response, I haven't run into most of the units you're using so I will just keep moving forward
07-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Tks for your detailed an great feedback. Excuse me for the poor graphics in my first game. I'm really encouraged by your feedback an will work them in the upcoming games. Keep a look out for it

On drop chances, I decided on an algorithm that helps newer player more. You get an equal chance of having one of the enemy's slot drop. Based on the rarity of the card in that slot u roll a drop chance ( 33%,25% and 10%). So you can strategize which stage to replay.