Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 PM

Default Emulation

Just wonder how many other people know about emulation WITHOUT jail breaking?

I won't post any links, and of course playing Roms which you don't own is naughty!

But emu4ios seems to be a fairly interesting thingy.

With emulation without jail breaking becoming more doable, and the nice looking ios 7, the need for jail breaking might decrease substantially.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Emulation has always been pretty doable without jailbreaking. Apple just won't allow it.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

There's been emulators that have snuck into the app store in the past...but like MystikSun said, Apple won't allow them and will end up removing them. You got your hands on one I presume?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 AM

If you search around, there are a few emulators you can install for free without jail breaking or any dodgy Chinese sites.

Actually on respectable sites, ie GitHub
Old 06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

If you look up gba4iOS on safari there's actually a site with emulators and such,what's odd about it though is that it lets you install the apps through the site. You can only have one at a time though,I chose the screen recorder though here is the link http://emu4ios.weebly.com/downloads.html
Old 06-23-2013, 01:59 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking2214 View Post
If you look up gba4iOS on safari there's actually a site with emulators and such,what's odd about it though is that it lets you install the apps through the site. You can only have one at a time though,I chose the screen recorder though here is the link http://emu4ios.weebly.com/downloads.html
I've also been using this for the past few weeks. Works fine. The applications install over each other but the documents folder stays the same meaning you can seamlessly switch between different emulators without losing save data or games.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Thank you... Thank you so much.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
There could be a virus or spyware in that. I wouldn't install anything outside the App Store.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:39 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
There could be a virus or spyware in that. I wouldn't install anything outside the App Store.
I think you're a little bit paranoid.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
it isn't. There are no viruses or spyware made that can affect non-jailbroken users. The website is also made by a 14 year old so I'd even give him props if he knew how to implement spyware or viruses. This is completely safe trust me, GBA4IOS is an emulator made by riley testut. all this kid is doing is uploading pre-signed versions of the application from macbuildserver so you don't have to go through the trouble of actually waiting for it to sign on the website.