Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-21-2013, 04:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Dead Bunker (by Igor Migun) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by metalcasket; 06-21-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I legitimately started trying to decipher what the app description says (which, hey...could have actually been used), but after reading "Dark, gloomy corridors bunker" onwards, my brain just started hurting and I stopped in my tracks.

On sale, 75% off ($0.99) for a limited time!

Stunning 3D graphics and an eerie atmosphere will captivate you! This game is recognized by many websites as the best game on the Android platform.

Dead Bunker, the horror game. It's one of the few games that will truly terrify you.

The entire game is in first person. You go through a huge old bunker where an unknown incident took place, after which all employees were either dead or missing. In order to classify all the information on "Bunker - 18", the Soviet government sealed all the entrances to the bunker...

Last edited by killercow; 06-21-2013 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: ;)
Old 06-21-2013, 05:27 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I'm not sure if I'm exactly terrified of anything other than the broken English, but aside from the silly cobwebs, this has my attention. It makes make think there might just be an intriguing game in here, based on the video. Maybe.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

In the near future will be a normal English translation of the description. The game does not have problems with the translation
Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Screenshots are not included in the video review, they were added after the upgrade. Were also added to adjust the graphics.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Tenb, I have to say that the screenshots are indeed fantastic, but I have literally no idea how the game plays from that review...nor what's being said, so I'm just a little bit confused. By the app description, it's apparently not a Slender Man type game where you're running away from someone, and there is an actual plot and progression in the game, right? Roughly how long is the game? Are there retina iPad graphics? I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Tenb, I have to say that the screenshots are indeed fantastic, but I have literally no idea how the game plays from that review...nor what's being said, so I'm just a little bit confused. By the app description, it's apparently not a Slender Man type game where you're running away from someone, and there is an actual plot and progression in the game, right? Roughly how long is the game? Are there retina iPad graphics? I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.
If I understood you correctly. I will answer your questions.

1. The game has a story, you need to find five objects that are hidden in the maze. Only with the help of these items you will be able to discover a way out of the bunker.
2. The game has 4 levels of graphics settings (low, medium, high and ultra)
3. Maze packed with all sorts of frightening elements. And the main monster.

Today I will try to make a video game is not mediocre gameplay and lay out here.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenb View Post
If I understood you correctly. I will answer your questions.

1. The game has a story, you need to find five objects that are hidden in the maze. Only with the help of these items you will be able to discover a way out of the bunker.
2. The game has 4 levels of graphics settings (low, medium, high and ultra)
3. Maze packed with all sorts of frightening elements. And the main monster.

Today I will try to make a video game is not mediocre gameplay and lay out here.
Thanks for your reply. I just purchased the game and I'll try it out on my iPhone 4 first, post some impressions and then give it a whirl on my iPad at ultra. Always, always up for a good scare!

If you'd like, I'll give that app description another go in a while.

First impressions on iPhone 4: Don't bother. It doesn't work. Freezes almost instantly after clicking "Begin". Installing on iPad now.

Built in Unity, btw. Oh, and the sound effects during loading as well as the game welcoming you with "YOU'RE DEAD"...nice touch

Last edited by metalcasket; 06-21-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 10:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
First impressions on iPhone 4: Don't bother. It doesn't work. Freezes almost instantly after clicking "Begin". Installing on iPad now.

Built in Unity, btw. Oh, and the sound effects during loading as well as the game welcoming you with "YOU'RE DEAD"...nice touch!
To which you have to play on medium settings, and yes the phone does not freeze, it just load on slower devices 15 - 30 seconds
Old 06-21-2013, 11:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenb View Post
To which you have to play on medium settings, and yes the phone does not freeze, it just load on slower devices 15 - 30 seconds
You're right, it doesn't freeze...but Jesus, I'm glad I took it straight to iPad.

OK, ummmm...you got me. You really did! The game's frickin' terrifying! It's almost 7:00pm so I had to hide under my sheets to see properly because the sun's just in my face right now.

Almost instantly...the breathing and just the sheer intensity of the sound effects...it made me want to vomit! Really, really atmospheric! I don't know what killed me in the end, after just finding 2 pieces of data, but my heart was pounding. Seriously, first and foremost...you guys deserve the biggest pat on the back for the sound design. BRILLIANT!

The graphics are dirty, grimy and deliciously disgusting. Forget how the game runs on whatever Android device was being used in the video...it's superb on a fourth gen iPad. Oh, and the cobwebs don't look anywhere near as tacky as they did in that video.

The controls are excellent and I didn't even bother checking if there are sensitivity options. Some people may find them a little slow, but I had absolutely no problem with them. Sadly, they make Garden of Fear's controls still feel a little bit "drunk".

Naturally, there are no IAPs and while the game does follow the whole Slender thing just a little bit, I'd say this is on par with Slender Rising and Eyes...just not with not as many options as the former, yet 50 times scarier AND on par with "Eyes" in the fear department. Yes, this game is legitimately scary. So impressed!!!

Guys, if you're into these things...metalcasket's "Seal of Approval" right here. Definitely get this if you're on the fence. Stupid easy decision.

Oh yeah...one thing though: The app icon definitely doesn't need that glossy effect.