Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default [PROMO CODES] Shark Chum - iPhone puzzler

Promo codes for my new iPhone puzzle game, Shark Chum, are below. I'm working on an update, so feedback or suggestions are appreciated from anyone that plays through a bit.

Promo codes:
TAKA9Y363F46
3WMRNE7TMMFY
43TJ4MAP9PY9
WW7YR3KLYRHE
XWTN337H46WY
Old 06-22-2013, 12:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

XWTN337H46WY used.

I will spend some time with your title and leave impressions. Thanks for the promo!

Initial thoughts. I like the title screen and animations a lot. The sound is enjoyable as well. One thing I've noticed relates to a tip. The tip says if a seal and chum are an equal distance the shark will go for the chum. If I see a seal at point x that the shark will go for, count how many spaces it is from an alternate route using 8 direction movement to get y, and place chum y spaces away, the shark doesn't ALWAYS go for the chum. If moved one space closer it does, as it should.

I might also suggest moving the buttons for opening the gate and speeding up time to static locations. I love how once the shark is corralled it is the starting position of the next level though. One other small polish I would personally like to see is adding a little to the chum in the water, fish heads or while fish, something like that.

I'll put some more time in later this afternoon and post when I can. This app is rather enjoyable and I can see myself playing for extended sessions.

Last edited by XvEsunavX; 06-22-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 02:21 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

XvEsunavX - Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

With respect to your comment about the shark not always going for chum when the chum and seal are equidistant, my guess is that you may be assuming that diagonal movement is counted as one tile/space? I treat diagonal movement as a greater cost/distance than one horizontal or vertical space. I can add a tip explaining that a bit if you think it would help. With that caveat, the shark does always favor the chum if it's the same distance away as a seal.

I agree that gameplay would be a little easier with a static location of the gate opening button and the speed up button. The problem is that with the limited screen real estate, they would each take a tile/space out of play for placing chum if I put them anywhere else. When they move with the gate, as they do now, they occupy what are already dead tiles for chum purposes (because a portion of the starting gate is in each of those tiles). I am open to changing that based on other feedback though.

Thanks again for the comments!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Got 43TJ4MAP9PY9
Will post ideas in the main thread.
Time to seal the fate of the shark.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 PM

That makes sense then as I was counting diagonal movement as one move as its done in one animation.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 AM

I've spent some more time with your app and have enjoyed it. The progression of challenge is good and doesn't get too maddening. I haven't found any other points to make suggestions on, and just wanted to let you know as much. Thanks for the promo and I'm looking forward to the aforementioned update.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the feedback so far from the promo code use; it's been very helpful.

Here are 5 more promo codes if other people want to try out the game. If you have any comments, feedback or suggestions, please let me know in the main forum - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=193816

New promo codes:
EW34PF4WKJEJ
64FAAJMLFAKL
3KYYLMX667XH
F4P9YRWAKFXY
LJPWHTARL4NM