★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I think iOS should cost more. What do you think?

06-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I think iOS should cost more. What do you think?

I think iOS games should cost more.

.99 is a giveaway.

I think they should charge more for their games because you I think it would really help them out.

What do you guys think?
06-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Agreed.

06-22-2013, 03:36 PM
A lot of them do charge more. As a developer, it's kind of disconcerting how everything has switched to IAP. I mean, it's really the only way to make money from a game as charging a buck just doesn't pay the bills. This isn't the way I wanted to go, though. I agree... The entry price to games is too low but the developers could band together and start charging more, but that will never happen. I say get rid of freemium and bring back paid games... But unfortunately, it's the way of the world at the mo, and I gotta join in, if I want to make a living!
06-22-2013, 03:42 PM
They should, but most of them won't because because not many people would buy them (with the exceptions of some ports)
06-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I agree, I think a lot of IOS gamers bully the developers, the games are already cheap as it gets, yet all you hear is complaining.

And then the issue with IAP, I honestly don't see anything wrong with putting IAP in a game, because in reality we should be thankful that we are even being allowed to play any of it for free.

I think it's all psychological, IOS gamers have become so used to 99 cent/free games that they think it should even cost less. It's bullying, because if the developers were able to price their games higher and make it a standard then the whiners would back off or probably follow the herd and pay more.

I really do feel for the developers though.
06-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Well you may have a point here,but the increase must be reasonable..Im thinking of pricing close to steam/desura..Though the game should have some real quality or decent amount of content..

There are a lot of indie games that really cost more than a buck or two at the AppStore..Some are even very successful..At the end of the day it's just the game that will appeal to the audience..

Life is a cruel mistress..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
06-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Well there was quite an outrage when the cost of apps in countries which use Euro increased from 0.79€ to 0.89€. I can't imagine what would happen if the price would increase x5 or whatever you are thinking apps should cost. Most people would probably boycott iOS.
06-23-2013, 04:11 AM
Part of the problem is that roughly 1/3rd of the games available in the appstore should come with a check payable TO ME for installing such garbage.
06-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proof21 View Post
I agree, I think a lot of IOS gamers bully the developers, the games are already cheap as it gets, yet all you hear is complaining.

And then the issue with IAP, I honestly don't see anything wrong with putting IAP in a game, because in reality we should be thankful that we are even being allowed to play any of it for free.

I think it's all psychological, IOS gamers have become so used to 99 cent/free games that they think it should even cost less. It's bullying, because if the developers were able to price their games higher and make it a standard then the whiners would back off or probably follow the herd and pay more.

I really do feel for the developers though.
That's a bunch of baloney.
06-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilRobot View Post
I think iOS games should cost more.

.99 is a giveaway.

I think they should charge more for their games because you I think it would really help them out.

What do you guys think?
I think you should throw in a few extra bucks to every dev for every app you buy because you feel so guilty and leave the rest of us out of it.