Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Best physics app? Phyzicle vs Physify vs Creatorverse vs Fantastic Contraption, etc.

I used to love playing around with Interactive Physics on my school computer and I only thought today to see if there were similar apps. And it seems there are quite a few.

I only need one. All physics games/apps are kind of similar, but out of the ones listed or any others that I haven't found, is there one in particular that is better or just the best overall?

I know Fantastic Contraption is a port of the flash game and the others are sandbox apps without objectives.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Anyone?
I got Fantastic Contraption 2 (which is amazing, but I'm still trying to process how everything works. Some of the stuff on Youtube... :O) Any tips?

But what about the other three or any other simulators on IOS? Is any one better than the others?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:44 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x

Default Algodoo Physics simulation app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I used to love playing around with Interactive Physics on my school computer and I only thought today to see if there were similar apps. And it seems there are quite a few.
Thee is an iPad version of Algodoo in the app store. I haven't tried that, but the version for Mac and PC is free and it's really good. [url]http://www.algodoo.com/[/url]
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:

I only need one. All physics games/apps are kind of similar, but out of the ones listed or any others that I haven't found, is there one in particular that is better or just the best overall?

I know Fantastic Contraption is a port of the flash game and the others are sandbox apps without objectives.
Well, phyzicle and creatorverse are both free, so they shouldn't really be included since you can test them yourself and make up your mind.
Fantastic contraption 1 & 2 used to be some of my favourite titles back years ago..
But now.. They're a little outdated.. I haven't played the other game you mentioned, so I can't comment on that.

More modern Sandbox style games on iOS that I enjoy are 'The sandbox' by pixowl, and multiplayer sandbox 'growtopia' is my favourite game of all time.
Both have different elements to play around with, the sandbox has a free mode, and is more like a toy, but also has puzzle levels/campaign mode, it's free so you should give it a go, and growtopia has elements to play with, but you have to splice them, which may not be something you're into if you're just looking for a sandbox toy..
But I highly recommend you to add it to your leisure gaming folder though, if you enjoy physics and sandbox style toys, you'll love a game based around that sort of premise. You can make plenty of contraptions and what not inside of the game, it's like a game inside of a game.

Other physics games:

I'm not sure if you're into liquid physics, but ..
I was once an avid physics puzzler lover. Who eventually got bored of the same old thing over and over and moved on to liquid physics loving.

Liquid physics:

Liquidsketch
Briquid
Coco loco
Sploosh
Puddle puzzles
Sprinkle
Sprinkle islands
Where's my water
Where's my perry
Where's my mickey

Regular physics puzzlers:

Iblast moki 1
Iblast moki 2
Smoody
Cover orange
Cover orange 2
Juice belts
Titos shell
Car-toons
Droplem
Amazing Alex
Wimpy flan (this is more of a fun toy, it's free, check it out..I love the jello physics in it)
Happy hills
Rag doll blaster 1,2&3

Car/driving physics:
Flying piggles
Fantastic contraptions 1&2
Dream track nation

Gyroscope physics:
Rotate n roll
Cado

Building/bridge physics:
World of goo
Bridgy jones
Simple physics
Bridge odyssey
Construction zone
Bridge construction
Tiki towers 1,2&3

My absolute favourites are:
World of goo
Liquidsketch
Construction zone

It really depends on what sort of physics floats your boat though..

Alot of these have free lite versions..as a fan of physics, you should look into them all.

Last edited by Tannorexic; 07-12-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
[...] I know Fantastic Contraption is a port of the flash game and the others are sandbox apps without objectives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
[...]
Regular physics puzzlers:
Iblast moki 1
Iblast moki 2
Smoody
Cover orange
Cover orange 2
Juice belts
Titos shell
Car-toons
Droplem
Amazing Alex
Wimpy flan (this is more of a fun toy, it's free, check it out..I love the jello physics in it)
Happy hills
Rag doll blaster 1,2&3

Car/driving physics:
Flying piggles
Fantastic contraptions 1&2
Dream track nation
To add to that, I immensely enjoyed Cosmic Mechanic, a space vehicle construction game (wheels, servos, jets, springs) where you need to construct the right vehicle to get to the finish. Lots of levels and time and distance challenges too.

More objectives: here is sawing and nailing to help a turtle to its apple: Hungry Turtle TA Forum

And Juice Belts is great yes! Juice Belts TA Forum, Juice Belts TA Review

Regular physics puzzlers (quality ones) that I played:
Little Lost Chick (Little Lost Chick TA Forum)
Monster Island (Monster Island TA Review, Monster Island TA Forum)
Rat Fishing (Rat Fishing TA Forum)
Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

And I thought this thread was dead!

Thanks for the recommendations. Cosmic Mechanic looks so much better than Bad Piggies (but it's iPad only )

Definitely going to pick up Dream Track Nation and Construction Zone
Old 08-17-2013, 08:12 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Never heard of Dream track nation before. Thanks. App Store is too big to cope with
Old 08-17-2013, 08:33 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

"The sandbox" and "Powder game viewer" are amazing. There's also a "port" of OE CAKE (an amazing PC program) for iOS but I forgot what it was called. It's not that good though, because you can't mix elements.

Last edited by Primoz; 08-17-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
"The sandbox" and "Powder game viewer" are amazing. There's also a "port" of OE CAKE (an amazing PC program) for iOS but I forgot what it was called. It's not that good though, because you can't mix elements.
The Powder Game on IOS?! I used to play that all the time on my school computer
And I did some research and the OE Cake port was called Aqua Forest, was removed from the store

I had tried The Sandbox a while ago, but way too much IAP IMO. How does the Zombie mode work?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:59 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
The Powder Game on IOS?! I used to play that all the time on my school computer
And I did some research and the OE Cake port was called Aqua Forest, was removed from the store

I had tried The Sandbox a while ago, but way too much IAP IMO. How does the Zombie mode work?
Don't let the IAPs scare you. You can get free mana pretty quick with unlocking achievements and you also get daily mana quests. If you change the date on your phone you can repeat the daily quest every 3 minutes and you can unlock all elements in an hour. The only thing you purchase are the campaigns, if you want. But I had 1000x more fun in free-play mode though.

Also, The sandbox is one of the most frequently updated games. We just received some new buildings and vehicles a few days ago.