★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "" Retro excellence; a highly accurate emulation of an iconic 70's game.""
Blast yourself back to the 70's and 80's! When games were simple but still very addictive. An accurate recreation of the VFD LSI game by CGL, Gakken, Tandy and other companies of that time. Fun for all ages with three difficulty levels. All those retro sounds and that vacuum fluorescent display are here. This was a classic and very popular toy back then. Now it is a rare and collectable item but YOU can own it right now!
*Screenshots show actual app in action and original artwork based on the original packaging. See how close to the real thing it is!
These types of machines were made by companies such as Grandstand, Tomy, Entex, CGL, Tandy, Bandai and Epoch to name but a few.

Accurate simulation of the classic handheld machine
Full retro sounds
3 difficulty levels
Simple and addictive
Totally nostalgic

1. Choose one of the playing speeds (1,2,3) slow to fast.
2. Switch on power.
3. Move the missile station lever from side to side and push missile fire button. (UFO; 10 points, Invaders;3/2/1 points).
4. Game ends when all stations are destroyed by invaders or when invaders capture G-zone and raise their hands in victory (maximum score; 199 points).
5. Before playing again, switch off power and choose playing speed.

If using with iCade or compatible controller, press the iCade button on top left and you can now use joystick and red fire(5) button.
NOTE: pressing this without connection to a compatible Bluetooth controller will bring up the keyboard. If this happens just press the button again to turn it off.

psj3809's comments:

This came out a few days ago. SO happy i found it.

Now to all the younger iOS players ! Dont mock this game so quickly. This was cutting edge in the late 70's/early 80's before home computers ruled the roost. My friend had Galaxy Invaders as a kid, these handheld games back then were amazing, drank batteries like anything but to a kid having the 'arcade' in the palm of your hand was amazing.

Imagine in 20 years time being able to have a copy of an old game you had as a kid on a new device ?

Thats one reason why all these years later i'm amazed at iOS devices and all the stunning games you can get SO cheap.

Anyway i must admit i wont play this for hours on end but for a nostalgic trip down memory lane its well worth picking up if people remember these old LCD type games. Works very well on ipad as well.
06-24-2013, 06:50 AM
100% nostalgia!!

One of the best among the rest, or maybe the best since BQLSI Star Laser doesn't supports ipad resolution...these are the kind of products that must be supported!!

...for digital collectors and none, c'mon guys here there's the real deal!!

Great great catch PSJ!!!

Last edited by dexter77; 06-25-2013 at 06:26 PM.

06-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Sometimes beauty is simplicity itself. Fantastic stuff. We used to play these games in Woolworths (RIP) hoping that we'd get them for Christmas.
Three things would make this perfect although might break the magic for some - endless mode, game centre and iCade.
Can't wait to show my kidz this later. They will laugh their socks off.
06-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Well leave a review for the dev as it'll help, been talking to him via email and he seems to suggest 'just wait till you see what i've got planned' next ! Sounds great.

The more people who buy/review/rate this game the more chance we'll have of extras i reckon

But yeah just like you i remember playing these old classics in Woolies etc
06-24-2013, 09:25 AM
I always forget to leave reviews. Doing now. Fingers crossed for Astro Wars next.
06-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Loved these games so much, bought most of them, and still have and play some. I hope the dev makes more.
06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Well, I might just have to pick this one up! I live iOS for this reason, I can play old, old games that I sadly missed out on. (why the hell couldn't I have been born sooner??) I love that iOS kind of combines great games from a long time ago with AAA* console like (and actual console games) and also adds awesome indie games.

*Not a ton, but still a good few.
06-25-2013, 01:59 AM
me too, Can't wait to show my kidz this later. They will laugh their socks off.
06-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Pretty cool but way too easy to get max score. I don't remember these games being this easy when I was a kid. Lol. Great idea, though. Now we just need some 80s style LCD ones
06-25-2013, 08:07 AM
I spoke too soon. Lol. Level 3 is proving tough