Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Word Search 10K - The World's Largest Wordsearch Puzzle!

With more than 10,000 words hidden in a grid of 90,000 letters, Word Search 10K is the largest word search ever made!

The puzzle is arranged as 100 themed sections, each containing roughly 100 words.

To solve the entire thing, you'll have to find words from categories as diverse as boys' names, hair styles and accountancy.

You'll visit London, Las Vegas and outer space.

You'll encounter spiders, vampires and fictional horses.

You'll be transported from ancient Egypt, through the world of dreams and to the end of days.

Use two fingers to scroll around the massive grid, then drag with one finger to highlight a word. Zoom out at any time to see a summary of your progress.

Earn 100 Game Center achievements along the way and compare your progress to others on the global leaderboard.

Word Search 10K was developed to commemorate a huge milestone in Word Search Party, also by Lightwood Games. That game now contains more than 10,000 user-submitted word search puzzles. Word Search 10K was compiled from this wealth of content, then hand-crafted to form one continuous puzzle with words in every direction!

If you prefer to solve word searches by hand, you can purchase a giant A0 poster or coil bound book of the puzzle: http://www.wordsearch10k.com

No matter how you choose to solve the puzzle, we'd love to see your progress!
Share photos here or on twitter @lightwoodgames
Old 07-05-2013, 04:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

We had our public event on Wednesday as required by Guinness for the World Record. A number of people came along and started to solve the giant puzzle with us Hopefully we can get all the paperwork sent off shortly to get the record confirmed

Our local paper covered the event and wrote a rather nice article about it: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/large...ail/story.html

Have you tried the game yet? We'd love to hear your feedback!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Read the disappointing news about our World Record attempt: http://www.lightwoodgames.com/blog/2...-world-records

Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlitSkies View Post
Read the disappointing news about our World Record attempt: http://www.lightwoodgames.com/blog/2...-world-records

That's a total shame! I just found out about this today, but it still makes me mad how you were railroaded by GWR. What's the process like if you don't "fast track" it?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
That's a total shame! I just found out about this today, but it still makes me mad how you were railroaded by GWR. What's the process like if you don't "fast track" it?
Without fast track it takes 6 weeks, which is an awfully long time to wait, particularly if they decide to say no! They are incredibly unresponsive to any questions, and even just getting the guidelines for the attempt took weeks.

It's very, very slow unless you hand over money. Then it's fast but they're no better at answering questions

We're very sad that they don't appear to be reading our emails, or are too proud to admit a mistake. We've had nothing but enthusiasm from everyone else - including the current record holder!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Interesting premise. Not a bad word search game. Adverts ruin for me, not willing to pay $3 for it I guess. Good luck though.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Interesting premise. Not a bad word search game. Adverts ruin for me, not willing to pay $3 for it I guess. Good luck though.
Thanks for giving it a try

Unfortunately we do all have to make money somehow! The adverts are only every 10 minutes of gameplay, and if you're playing fast you can find an awful lot of words between them It's a short break and then straight back into the game.

$3 isn't really that much to pay for the many, many hours of puzzling Even the fastest players are taking well over 30 hours to complete the puzzle (and then asking how to start over!) Many players have already spent over 100 hours playing the game!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlitSkies View Post
Thanks for giving it a try

Unfortunately we do all have to make money somehow! The adverts are only every 10 minutes of gameplay, and if you're playing fast you can find an awful lot of words between them It's a short break and then straight back into the game.

$3 isn't really that much to pay for the many, many hours of puzzling Even the fastest players are taking well over 30 hours to complete the puzzle (and then asking how to start over!) Many players have already spent over 100 hours playing the game!
I must have a super short attention span, because I only ever saw the banner ads while playing.

Unless that free 1.99 Amazon credit was an ad.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
I must have a super short attention span, because I only ever saw the banner ads while playing.

Unless that free 1.99 Amazon credit was an ad.
You have no full screen adverts until after you've found 10 words, and then seeing that "achievement advert" would have set the timer back a bit too We like those adverts, they make everyone feel good Although in the UK we usually just get offers for Vista Print - I hear they're much better in the US