★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Arcade Slashing Action!

Cut down hordes of Spooklings in a desperate attempt to save your village!

Combining a classic arcade experience with satisfying swiping action, Attack of the Spooklings is the ultimate pocket power fantasy.

Features:

Unlimited Slashing Action: Fight an endless onslaught of monsters until your inevitable demise.
Deep Score System: Combos, Multipliers and lots of hidden bonuses.
No 'Bomb' mechanic: Slash away! Dont worry about hitting something you shouldn't.
Competitive Drive: Keep tabs of your high scores with Twitter & Game Center.
Stat-Fest: Plenty of stats to keep track of for the data-obsessed.
Evergrowing: We plan to make this game as big as our players want it to be. New monster types and game modes? Power-ups? Screen-filling bosses? You name it!

ZebraHouse's comments:
Trailer

Gameplay Video

06-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Saw the trailer video. Looked like the most fun fruit ninja with patterns, instead of the usual fruit ninja random fruit trajectories.

Instabuy!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Saw the trailer video. Looked like the most fun fruit ninja with patterns, instead of the usual fruit ninja random fruit trajectories.

Instabuy!
Yep, me too. It's awesome seeing something use the Fruit Ninja concept in an entirely new way.

Should probably mention that you won't find any IAPs in either the free or paid versions of Attack of the Spooklings.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yep, me too. It's awesome seeing something use the Fruit Ninja concept in an entirely new way.

Should probably mention that you won't find any IAPs in either the free or paid versions of Attack of the Spooklings.
So what's the differnece? Ads?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
So what's the differnece? Ads?
Apparently...yeah.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Wow, looks interesting...i will give it a try...if there's no IAP it's an INSTABUY!
06-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Apparently...yeah.
Im going to buy any IAP to remove ads anyway, so im just buying the paid version

Seriously, this looks fun.

06-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Was that a ninja spookling at the end of the video? Either way it looks good
06-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi guys! Carles Salas Spooklings' game designer, speaking:

Quote:
So what's the difference? Ads?
Yes. The Free version has ads. The paid one hasn't. That's the only difference.

We did this to broaden our potential audience. Glad to see it's well received.

Quote:
Im going to buy any IAP to remove ads anyway, so im just buying the paid version

Seriously, this looks fun.
So that's the thing. There are no IAPs! You don't really upgrade your game, you just get the paid version. The quickest way to do so will be hitting the Support Us button in the main menu. This will take you to a dedicated microsite with options for you to support further game development, but it currently lacks the link to the paid version (the New Zealand release caught us by surprise! I'll add those later).

Worry not, both versions share the same Game Center account, so 'upgrading' doesn't affect your online highscores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Was that a ninja spookling at the end of the video? Either way it looks good
It's a regular Spookling, but a Ninja Spookling sounds like a greaaaat idea!

Check out Attack of the Spooklings.
Classic Arcade experience, unlimited Slashing Action!
06-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Played the free Version and it's definitely a fun game

Game Center: sink_or_swim