App description: War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire world.

"Addictive, deep, and surprisingly involving" - pocketgamer.co.uk

"A juicy display of a game" - toucharcade.com

"The most over-the-top aircraft carrier" - kotaku.com

"It has a 'one more turn' compulsiveness about it" - pockettactics.com

"Frisse wind in het zombiegenre" - 9lives.be

"Extremely promising" - apperama.com

"Een ton aan diepgang en toffe gameplay" - ipdblogs.nl

WAR OF THE ZOMBIE:
As Global Operations Director of Safe Industries, take charge of its Ark Carrier and recruit marines & other personnel, purchase real-life military equipment, research advanced technologies, build forward operating bases, move across the world within range of real-time missions, nuke, scavenge, infect, bribe, fortify and defend against the world's country governments in an attempt to save humanity from the zombie pandemic and resulting chaos.

MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES:
- Choose, equip and drop a team of 4 marines & vehicles into real-time combat
- Survive, die or turn undead in zombie-infested, fully destructible mission zones
- Enter, drive and fire from humvees, BMPs, and tanks
- Pinch zoom in/out of mission zones as well as your global tactical map
- Decide how your marines develop as they increase rank & experience
- Recruit & train marines, advisors, researchers, diplomats and doctors to aid in your quest
- Research & Develop advanced technologies to aid in your missions success
- Bribe, infect, scavenge, nuke, airstrike 200 country governments around the globe
- Build up arsenals of real military weapons on your double-hulled command carrier
- Build specialised labs to complete R&D and fabricate technology surplus to sell
- Build up to 4 Forward Operating Bases at any one time globally
- Save your current in-mission progress as often as you like and resume it anytime
- Compete with other global players' stats through Game Center

COMPATIBILITY:
iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6, 6+, iPod 5, iPad 2, 3, 4, mini.

WOTZ IS EVER EXPANDING:
War of the Zombie has been developed as a 'near' open-ended (it ends when there's no longer any surviving human population), ever expanding game with new missions, maps and features added in each update as well as our favourite fan suggestions.

We listen to all feedback and suggestions on new map & mission types as well as additional features.

WHAT'S COMING IN THE NEXT UPDATE:
- More mission maps!
- More mission types!
- Story driven events!

BECOME A FAN:
Become a fan of War of the Zombie by liking our facebook.com/warofthezombie fan page and drop us a note on things you want to see in the next updates, comment on the game or post your best action screen caps and get your face in the game as a marine recruit!

Sanuku's comments:




06-26-2013, 09:50 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
So this is what they were talking about..It sure looks interesting..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"

06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,362
I beta tested War of the Zombie and it's a very ambitious real time strategy fleet management sim hybrid that's a lot of fun. You control an aircraft carrier that you are responsible for stocking with weapons, airplanes, etc that travels around the world fighting zombies and human rebels. The world map has a diverse resource management component where you acquire funds from completing levels then designate resources to combat material, research, squad development, etc (screenshot 2). From the world map (3rd screenshot) you can select any destination you chose, there is a good open world vibe. Each destination has combat that is handled in traditional real time strategy mechanics. You have a team of 4 individuals that you are selected from your roster (screenshot 4). Each field member is equipt with a primary weapon and a secondary weapon, weapons are progressively unlockable through gameplay (wait to you see the rocket propelled grenade) and there is a mix of gun and melee options (machetes!). The levels have a top down view with environmental obstacles like vechicles in the road or building that you can enter (which may house hidden zombies) or there is the ability to drop missles (see screenshot 1), quantity permitting, on designated map areas.

The gameplay is open ended and there is so much content it unending. This might strike some as aimless but I really enjoyed the sandbox feel of a hopeless zombie pandemic. Each city can be handled by real time strategy combat but there are a limited number of city maps that appear randomized (so geography eventually repeats, but enemy composition and objectives change). Two new maps are already promised as well as a necessary focus on fleshing out the research component more than it is currently (research is somewhat bare). The developers seem credibly committed to continually updating the game and adding further levels designs.

War of the Zombie is well worth $2.99 and there's little else like it on App Store (the best comparison might be the turn based strategy Aliens Versus Humans). The real time strategy gameplay feels tactical and combined with a satisfying simulation component War of Zombies is a good game with unparalleled depth for the RTS genre. Recommended.

Last edited by undeadcow; 06-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
Thanks for the imps undeadcow..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
06-26-2013, 10:09 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I beta tested War of the Zombie and it's a very ambitious real time strategy fleet management sim hybrid that's a lot of fun. You control an aircraft carrier that you are responsible for stocking with weapons, airplanes, etc that travels around the world fighting zombies and human rebels. The world map has a diverse resource management component where you acquire funds from completing levels then designate resources to combat material, research, squad development, etc (screenshot 2). From the world map (3rd screenshot) you can select any destination you chose, there is a good open world vibe. Each destination has combat that is handled in traditional real time strategy mechanics. You have a team of 4 individuals that you are selected from your rooster (screenshot 4). Each field member is equipt with a primary weapon and a secondary weapon, weapons are progressively unlockable through gameplay (wait to you see the rocket propelled grenade) and there is a mix of gun and melee options (machetes!). The levels have a top down view with environmental obstacles like vechicles in the road or building that you can enter (which may house hidden zombies) or there is the ability to drop missles (see screenshot 1), quantity permitting, on designated map areas.

The gameplay is open ended, which can go on until you are defeated. This might strike some as aimless but I really enjoyed the sandbox feel of a hopeless zombie pandemic. Each city can be handled by real time strategy combat but there are a limited number of city maps that appear randomized (so geography eventually repeats, but zombie location and objectives change). Two new maps are already promised as well as a necessary focus on fleshing out the research component more than it is currently (research is somewhat bare). The developers seem committed to continually updating the game and adding further levels designs.

War of the Zombie is well worth $2.99 and there's little else like it on App Store (the best comparison might be the turn based strategy Aliens Versus Humans). The real time strategy gameplay feels tactical and combined with a satisfying feel simulation component War of Zombies is a good game. Recommended.
I know I've asked before, but can you give an example or two of tactics that you've used while controlling your soldiers? I'm guessing you can probably go into more detail now that the game is officially released
06-26-2013, 10:22 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I know I've asked before, but can you give an example or two of tactics that you've used while controlling your soldiers? You can probably go into more detail now that the game is officially released
Since levels are real time strategy based sometimes it's possible to just run 'n gun yur way through arcade style without regard to strategy. For those who are more strategy minded, there are options. You can control your 4 unit squad individually or as a group so it's possible to see one subteam in one direction and the other somewhere else (or even all 4 units ont heir own). You can use a unit to draw out zombies into a clustered and call a missle to strike them down. Missles destroy buildings and environmental obstacles too so you can carve pathways. Your field team is equipt with weapons of your choice so you chose between melee weapons, different styles of guns with various attack ratings, or even longer range destructive weapons like RPG (so your field equiptment also determines some strategy). You can dig in by camping out or hiding within a building to cut off zombies coming your way. The level ends when you chose to call in a helicopter for extraction so you can kill all zombies or just some. Different enemies (human rebels, zombies) have different attack styles so your approach will need to vary.

There are also human survivors in each leve that you can rescue, some of them can be recruited and contribute to your progress.

Last edited by undeadcow; 06-26-2013 at 10:25 AM.
06-26-2013, 10:23 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,169
Im really not into strategy games, but i really enjoy the management part of XCOM which kinda felt like how this is based on UCow's imps.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-26-2013, 10:26 AM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
You can control your 4 unit squad individually or as a group so it's possible to see one subteam in one direction and the other somewhere else (or even all 4 units ont heir own). You can use a unit to draw out zombies into a clustered and call a missle to strike them down. Missles destroy buildings and environmental obstacles too so you can carve pathways. Your field team is equipt with weapons of your choice so you chose between melee weapons, different styles of guns with various attack ratings, or even longer range destructive weapons like RPG (so your field equiptment also determines some strategy). You can dig in by camping out or hiding within a building to cut off zombies coming your way. The level ends when you chose to call in a helicopter for extraction so you can kill all zombies or just some. Different enemies (human rebels, zombies) have different attack styles so your approach will need to vary.

There are also human survivors in each leve that you can rescue, some of them can be recruited and contribute to your progress.
Okay, that sounds cool. I didn't know you could split up your team.

Since I believe you fire automatically, do different guns have different range radius? (Like Walking Dead Assault) Like theoretically, could I have two guys positioned outside a building then send two guys in to lure the enemies outside into a crossfire?

Definitely an instabuy now
06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
#9
IAP's???
06-26-2013, 10:34 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
...Since I believe you fire automatically, do different guns have different range radius? (Like Walking Dead Assault) Like theoretically, could I have two guys positioned outside a building then send two guys in to lure the enemies outside into a crossfire? ...
You can toggle unit auto-fire on and off. If auto-fire is on they fire when within range (weapon range varies by item), if auto-fire is off you tap on enemies to fire when they are in range otherwise units are passive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
IAP's???
No IAPs.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.