Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-28-2013, 02:43 AM
TouchArcade Bot TouchArcade Bot is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 0
Default DRAKERIDER Chains Transcendent for iPad



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:28 AM
ViperInstall ViperInstall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Does anyone know if this is the same game as the original or is this a sequel of some sorts?

Last edited by ViperInstall; 06-28-2013 at 04:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:31 AM
iANiMeX iANiMeX is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperInstall View Post
Does anyone know if this is the same game as the original or is this a sequel of some sorts?
Code:
The new, upgraded version of the mobile role-playing game DRAKERIDER is here!


*Major Changes* 

- Enemy stats have undergone further balancing.
- An On/Off toggle has been added for enemy encounters.
- A number of voiced cutscenes have been rendered into real-time movies.
So I am guessing it is just an upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Alister Alister is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Code:
The new, upgraded version of the mobile role-playing game DRAKERIDER is here!


*Major Changes* 

- Enemy stats have undergone further balancing.
- An On/Off toggle has been added for enemy encounters.
- A number of voiced cutscenes have been rendered into real-time movies.
So I am guessing it is just an upgrade.
Well it seems Square/Enix is really cleaning its house..This is a great sign that they are getting very serious at mobile gaming...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:39 AM
ViperInstall ViperInstall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Whoops, I overlooked that part of the description. I'm guessing they copy pasted most of the desc from the original since it says that you get two chapters for free and you can buy the rest. Which I hope is the case and that I don't have to pay the 7.99 plus the chapters.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 14,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperInstall View Post
Whoops, I overlooked that part of the description. I'm guessing they copy pasted most of the desc from the original since it says that you get two chapters for free and you can buy the rest. Which I hope is the case and that I don't have to pay the 7.99 plus the chapters.
Yeah... I think they forgot to remove that part. I believe this is the full game already, because they did say it is 50% off for now, which makes sense since the original totalled about twice that.

EDIT: They removed the "2 chapters free" part already!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2013, 08:29 AM
sizzlakalonji's Avatar
sizzlakalonji sizzlakalonji is offline
Moderator
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,702
Default

This is a tough one for me because I bought the original with all of the chapters and it's never left my iPad. I'm pretty far in (I think anyway), but I've hit a wall. I can probably grind through it, but I'm intrigued by the enemy leveling and the ability to turn off enounters. I'm not sure what to do here...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 14,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This is a tough one for me because I bought the original with all of the chapters and it's never left my iPad. I'm pretty far in (I think anyway), but I've hit a wall. I can probably grind through it, but I'm intrigued by the enemy leveling and the ability to turn off enounters. I'm not sure what to do here...
Hmm... played the first version through to the end without much grinding, so im not sure how you got to a wall there. I think maybe a grind could help.

Im actually thinking about getting the new version, but im not quite sure if the subtle differences are enough to make it worth buying again.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2013, 08:40 AM
sizzlakalonji's Avatar
sizzlakalonji sizzlakalonji is offline
Moderator
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hmm... played the first version through to the end without much grinding, so im not sure how you got to a wall there. I think maybe a grind could help.

Im actually thinking about getting the new version, but im not quite sure if the subtle differences are enough to make it worth buying again.
Well maybe you could give me an idea how far along I am. Here's where I'm hitting the wall:
•••Spoiler:  Both drakeriders are at level 44. I've reached the Cardinalis Maximus where there appear to be 2 suns. I go into a fight against 3 monsters, and get smashed
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM
worldcitizen1919 worldcitizen1919 is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
Default

It's not worth getting this as I got the 1st version. Not enough of an upgrade to justify another purchase. Looks like SE are just double dipping here. They must be getting desperate for cash to recycle the same stuff and expect people to cough up again for the same game.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent