Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default The Battle for Hill 218 is now universal

Hill 218 looks just like any other hill on your map, but High Command says it's important and it's your job to take it. Unfortunately the enemy has the same plan.

Now available as a Universal app and with async multiplayer!

The Battle for Hill 218 is an abstract strategy card game for two players where you represent a military commander struggling for control of Hill 218 as part of a larger military struggle. Players must maintain supply lines and destroy enemy units to advance on the enemy home base, while ensuring that their own base is not taken. It's easy to learn and quick to play but has a depth of strategy usually found only in games that takes much longer to play.
  • Universal app
  • Deploy different army units such as Infantry, Tanks and Special Forces
  • Play vs. the computer with three difficulty levels
  • Async multiplayer through Game Center or play a local friend over wi-fi
  • Game Center Achievements and Online Leaderboards

Based on the popular card game with the same name, The Battle for Hill 218 has been described as the perfect strategy card game and is now finally available for the iPad.

"... only Ascension has ever felt better over such short play sessions." - Pocket Tactics

Promo codes available for reviewing purposes, please get in touch.

Last edited by skullbang; 06-28-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Got a handful of promo codes to give out here as well, first-come first-served via PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:30 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Enjoying this game. Great example of a simple concept and rules, but leads to deep gameplay. Basic premise is laying down cards to attack your opponent, but you have to pay attention to issues like supply and support. The cards have nice WWII vintage pictures that give the game a classic atmosphere. My only complaint is the text is pretty small on my iphone screen. Not an issue during gameplay, because tapping the card enlarges it so you can see detail. But reading the game instructions was a little trickier.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

PM sent.

Probably late.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:16 PM
iPhone 4

Awesome. Big fan of any who brings their "iPad only" game over to iphone.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Promo codes gone for now
Old 06-28-2013, 07:40 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Wow, this is REALLY polished card game with what I thought was going to be a simple game I would quickly get bored with. I was wrong. The objective is simple. Occupy the enemy base while protecting your own.

I thought this would be very simple, but that's where I was wrong. At the beginning of the game you "discard" two of the five cards you're delt. (The different cards are paratroopers, a tank, artillery, infentry, heavy weapons, and special forces) Wait, why am I just talking about the rules, these are impressions, not rules

The gameplay is great and addictive, but also strategic. Great card icons make them easy to distinguish one type from another. With the normal three difficulty A.Is plus online it has quite a bit of content. And another great thing about it? Not a single iAP in sight.

I hope this gets many sales from the universal update. Full five stars!

I happily would have paid for it (had I known how good it was) but the dev was nice enough to give me a promo code. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Small update just went live which fixes a bug relating to card counts during async multiplayer.

With this in place we're thinking about holding the first ever online Hill 218 tournament. Not decided where to host it yet but let me know here if you're up for it and I'll let you know where and when! There should be some cool prizes as well.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbang View Post
Small update just went live ...
I love this card game -- how did I miss it becoming an app?!! I have to go check this out!

The tournament sounds like a great idea too, btw.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbang View Post
Small update just went live which fixes a bug relating to card counts during async multiplayer.

With this in place we're thinking about holding the first ever online Hill 218 tournament. Not decided where to host it yet but let me know here if you're up for it and I'll let you know where and when! There should be some cool prizes as well.
I suck at this game, but I enjoy playing it so I'd be up for a tournament.