App description: Garfields wildest adventure!
Garfield can finally do what he does best: sleep! But little does the fat cat know that his favorite lazy pastime is the key to excitement and adventure.
In Garfields dreams, he can fly! Just touch the screen to take off and release to descend. Avoid obstacles and enemies to clear the various levels. On your way, collect coins and lasagna to help Garfield. With those, you will be able customize Garfield with fun accessories and add power-ups. Dive into this colorful cartoon world that everybody can enjoy!
Both intuitive and easy to use for everyone
An ever-changing experience: sound effects and music change each time.
An original adventure game straight from Garfields colorful world
Endless mode for all 4 different worlds with 45 missions to clear.
Customize Garfield: numerous items and power ups available

Should you have any problem or suggestion, you can reach us at garfield.support@namcobandaigames.eu (support in English only)

Please note that a network connection is required to play.

sink_or_swim's comments:

07-01-2013, 02:21 PM
You have to be kidding me. I came here to post "I don't care how this turns out, it's Garfield on my iPad. I need Garfield", but bought it first, only to read "a network connection is required to play". Bull. *sigh* Oh well, I'll try it out.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
bought it first, only to read "a network connection is required to play". Bull. *sigh* Oh well, I'll try it out.
same here :/
impressions in a bit

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Since you guys are on this already, i think imma wait for imps. I guess i'll sit this one out for now

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-01-2013, 02:44 PM
No internet required for the game itself. Just for the wheel spinning nonsense.

I like the game quite a bit. Nothing new or groundbreaking. Just a very dreamy Jetpack Joyride-type game. Well, more like a Garfield reskin of JJ, but like I said...soft spot for Garfield (and Pooky :3). If you have space for one more endless runner, get it.

EDIT: Coinage is stupidly generous. Yes, there are some ridiculously priced things in here like themes and special effects, but your power-ups (like in JJ) are available as long as you don't get hit. If you're a good player, you could go forever with Pooky (your...ermmm...coin magnet plushie ). I bought the Multiplicator (coin doubler, $1) because...well...I like the frickin' game a lot.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.
07-01-2013, 03:12 PM
This is like JJ. Different themes are available in the shop for ridiculous prices. Upgrades for power-ups are also way too expensive. Game Center does not work, which is the worst thing for me. The game itself is pretty fun but it does not get my recommendation. Hope that at least the GC bug gets fixed.

Edit: I'm getting an average of 250 coins per run. The first upgrade costs 10.000 coins !! Two themes are available for 100.000 and the second costs 500.000 ! So even with the doubler you will never be able to buy them.

Game Center: sink_or_swim

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 07-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
07-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, great to hear that it's not awful!
07-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Does Pooky bear make an appearance?
07-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I'm getting an average of 250 coins per run. The first upgrade costs 10.000 coins !! Two themes are available for 100.000 and the second costs 500.000 ! So even with the doubler you will never be able to buy them.
Without the doubler (which I've yet to try), I racked up 1000 coins over 3 runs and that was with me pacing around the room like an idiot just to try the game. The themes are completely unnecessary anyways and any serious runner fan will surely play more than enough to unlock them without any effort.

Anywho, if anyone's on the fence, EP's already on this and surely will post impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Does Pooky bear make an appearance?
Pooky's your coin magnet!

07-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Any achievements via GC?