Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Default Survivor Clans: The Trading Card Game

Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Another FTP multiplayer card battle game...a REAL one, not the typical Mobage garbage.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:30 PM

Actually not a bad little game. I've played through a few battles (against AI) and they played out pretty well.

The play is like most games -- you accumulate resources so you can afford to send certain cards into battle. You can then upgrade them with weapons or armor and hope they win the fight. You're trying to kill off the leader of the attacking clan, while keeping yourself safe.

The battle takes place over five different lands and you can even change the lands to suit your needs. Some lands are better for cover, some heal you and some can give you more resources.

Your survivors range in abilities and being able to get the right survivor in the right spot is key. You'll also find some other cards that can be played to add to the game. I liked the "Defection" card, especially since it allowed me to win a game by bringing over one of the attacking clan to my side and deliver the kill shot.

I'll have to see what the multi=player is like on this, but I admit that I enjoy playing a card game like this set in something other than the Fantasy World. Knowing there is a guy in a bunker with an AK-47 rings truer to me than an Orc with a Battle Axe.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

The game looks shock to me. I never saw such a game before. Will someone like it?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
iPhone 4

Why don't u just try it?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Go for it. It's free, no adds. You can buy decks, but you also earn cards theough campaign mode.

A suggestion for new players: you might not realize it but you get a free deck pack. I wasn't sure what it did, so I just clicked it...I wasn't even thinking of the pack I would get. If I had to choose again, I probably would have picked the book resource deck, since there are powerful characters who use two resources with one of them being books.

A bit more about the game: there is a Solforge element present: as the game proceeds, your character levels up, which gains you more resources.

I'm digging this game because there are a wide variety cards and effects: cards which can trigger effects for extra resources; land cards, enhancements, both perm and single turn, moveable cards...etc.

Yes, I said land cards. There are 5 or six slots; in between the players' survivor (monsters in most games) slots are land slots. The defaults change location, but usually have a +1 or 2 attack land bonus, a +1 heal per turn bonus, and a "no attack" rule. You can replace lands with your own land cards and do everything from heal every turn to boost stats.

BTW, you gain 2 cards per victory against the CPU. My main gripe is one I have with most CCGs/deck builders: the deck editing feature is a pain in the butt.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:23 PM
iPhone 4

Not a bad game from first impressions. There's a rather large card pool. Played the tutorial and 1 game. Mechanics of the game are a bit interesting having "creatures", lands and items. The lands are cool because they can turn things around a bit on the tiles your creatures are on.
I don't think everything is explained in the tutorial though, and there's no rule book.
Like when u play a land that says something like "your survivor gets +2 attack", since lands are common, does that mean the opponents creatures will get +2 attack also? Not sure.

The app itself is a little minimalistic. No rule book, and campaign seems to be more like just matches vs random AI. I don't think there's an AI setting (easy, hard etc). Multiplayer, saw no one online.

Not a bad little app. It's free, give it a try.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Great game for Sunday
Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Decent depth and competentent AI.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:07 PM

Is it just me, or does the icon look like an angry version of Jase from Duck Dynasty?