Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Tales of Illyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by indierpgs.com
Tales of IllyriaMatt Schneck of the unfortunately named indie studio “Little Killerz” writes in to tell me that Tales of Illyria was released for Android devices in mid-June.

The plot premise is akin to something that I’d expect in a spy thriller, albeit in a medieval fantasy setting: the Emperor of your country has had you framed for the murder of your family, and so you go about the task of overthrowing him.

Tales of Illyria is a unique episodic party-based RPG that simulates the experience of a traditional pen and paper role playing game. What sets Tales of Illyria apart from other games is the unique gameplay and turn based mechanics. One of our main sources of inspiration when we designed the game was Oregon Trail. Like Oregon Trail, you are on an epic journey, and you must manage all aspects of your party, right down to the supplies you carry.

You can nab Tales of Illyria on Google Play for $4.95. The game remains Android-only for now, although the developer states that iOS and Windows ports are coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Play description
Tales of Illyria is a party based RPG hybrid mixing Oregon Trail and Choose Your Own Adventure game mechanics. Each party member has a distinct personality, reacting differently to being sick, running out of supplies or decisions that go against their alignment. Combat is tactical but extremely fast both in real time, and turn based - Issue orders to your party or let the AI do the work.

Features:

20+ hours of gameplay
1.5GB of art at full 1080P
75 original music compositions
700 unique encounters
6 unique kingdoms with 42 villages, castles and cities to visit
6 geographic environments
Tons of monsters, shops, equipment, spells and melee fighting styles
Equipment changes appearance of sprites and portraits
Different story outcomes based on your decisions and karma
275K words - that's four novels' worth
Google Translation for ALL LANGUAGES - additional purchase of Google API key required ($2.50 - $5.00)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 07-07-2013, 12:14 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

1.5gb file size, very big. Have a planed for release day?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
1.5gb file size, very big. Have a planed for release day?
The actual download size on Google Play is 5MB. I think the developer is just trying something that would only work on Android in allowing users to download a set-up utility that would configure art assets to the users preferred resolution up to 1.5GB for the highest possible optional settings. I'm sure when it comes to iOS they will have figured out a reasonable file size / quality compromise.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Well this looks interesting..
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 AM

Google Translations for ALL Languages.
They musn't do it for french? otherwise we won't understand all sentences. Gioogle Translate is not very good to translate a lot of text Eng<->French.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
The actual download size on Google Play is 5MB. I think the developer is just trying something that would only work on Android in allowing users to download a set-up utility that would configure art assets to the users preferred resolution up to 1.5GB for the highest possible optional settings. I'm sure when it comes to iOS they will have figured out a reasonable file size / quality compromise.
Nah, means nothing. There will be an additional data download after that 5Mb, for sure.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.99 View Post
Nah, means nothing. There will be an additional data download after that 5Mb, for sure.
I'm not sure if Apple's guidelines would allow any substantial off market content download as a core feature of the app, probably not 1.5GB worth.

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-07-2013 at 02:28 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I'm not sure if Apple's guidelines would allow any substantial off market content download as a core feature of the app, probably not 1.5GB worth.
And remember that on Android, you can have the core launcher or files installed on your main drive, and then the rest of the bulky files, such as textures and videos, stored on a separate SD card.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Default Developer

Hi Guys,

I developed this game. Concerning resolution, when you start the app for the first time it looks for the files if they do not exist it allows you to download the files. The graphic packages are prerendered to every major screen size. This way you have perfect resolution with no slow down due to scaling, and the download size is as big or small as it needs to be ranging from 180mb to 700mb.

I am anticipating an iOS port but if the restrictions you claim are true then I'm not sure, Apple puts way too many restrictions on what you can do.

As far as language support goes we went with Google real-time translations because it was easy to implement, cost us nothing, and got us all languages. Translating professionally is not possible the quotes we received to translate just a single language was more than it cost to produce the content we at over 350K words.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks,
Chad
Old 07-08-2013, 12:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekillerz View Post
Hi Guys,

I developed this game. Concerning resolution, when you start the app for the first time it looks for the files if they do not exist it allows you to download the files. The graphic packages are prerendered to every major screen size. This way you have perfect resolution with no slow down due to scaling, and the download size is as big or small as it needs to be ranging from 180mb to 700mb.

I am anticipating an iOS port but if the restrictions you claim are true then I'm not sure, Apple puts way too many restrictions on what you can do.

As far as language support goes we went with Google real-time translations because it was easy to implement, cost us nothing, and got us all languages. Translating professionally is not possible the quotes we received to translate just a single language was more than it cost to produce the content we at over 350K words.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks,
Chad
Thanks for the info and welcome to the TA forum..Hope you enjoy it here,hehe..