Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Orion Nebula - flashy flying shooter. join the space battle! [Universal]

iTunes
=====
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/orion-nebula/id667474657?mt=8

Facebook
========
www.facebook.com/cksgames

Youtube
=======

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTc2MjM5NjY0.html

Google Play
=========
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.Orion_Nebula

Amazon
======
http://www.amazon.com/Chong-Kok-Seng.../dp/B00DOZ7DOY

In year 2202, the National Interstellar Research Center of Singapore stunned the world with a remarkable prototype of 'Quantum Leaper'. With this groundbreaking invention, the scientists are able to transport physical matters to a location light years away in a matter of hours. In theory, they will be able travel to the brightest nebula 1300 light years away - the Orion Nebula - in a matter of months.

Two hundred years later, that theory is ready to be tested. China builds a fleet of interstellar fighter jets at Harbin using the Quantum Leaper. Their mission is to explore the Orion Nebula to discover signs of life and to colonize resource-rich planets. To safeguard against potential hostility, the fighter jets are equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry, to be used against unfriendly alien life forms.

The Quantum Leaper brings them to the brightest star of the Orion Nebula - star A. Two very advanced civilizations are found there - an insectoid race, Zig, and a humanoid race, Proz. Unfortunately, without a means of communication, the human is unable to deliver their peaceful diplomacy. In no time, Zig and Proz form an alliance to launch a fierce, high-tech military attack on the human.

You're the pilot of one of the fighter jets. Can you survive the allied alien force and return to earth safely?

- Confront 14 types of enemies that deal unique and challenging attacks.
- Personalize your gameplay experience with a wide range of upgrade options and difficulty ranks.
- Engage in visually dazzling and atmospheric battles while soaking youself in adrenanlin-pumping techno music.
- Compete on online leaderboards and unlock 10 achievements.

Orion Nebula is brought to you by the creator of Letter Hound, Spell Quest, Word Edge, Beautiful Worm, Number Pharaoh, Primary, Word Bridge, Kungfu Brain, Digi Crush, Super Math Invaders and Memon's Quest.

Screenshots
===========

Last edited by ExK; 12-22-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oooh, I do love me a SHMUP... might have to grab this
Old 07-07-2013, 07:42 PM
iPad mini

Free with no IAP? I wonder what the angle is...
Anyway, will try. Hopefully it has RT
Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hi Royce, thanks for your support. The game is ads-supported now, and IAP will be released in the next version . May I know what's 'RT'?

Thanks Polygame for your support. Tell your friends!

Last edited by ExK; 07-07-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 08:32 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I was really excited to try this one out, in spite of the possible ads, but it crashes after the load screens and never finishes loading. I've done the usual round of cleanup including rebooting and dropping other apps to no avail.

And yes, this was on an iTouch 32 gig with 4.3.5 as my user info suggests. What will the IAP consist of?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExK View Post
May I know what's 'RT'?
Relative touch controls.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:44 PM

I've played the game for a while and notices that:
- The control is simple, you only drag to control your character.
- The game is not presented in full screen (I'm using an ipad 2). The blue screen is presented on 2 edges of my device.
- There is no sound when the enemies are killed, and I'm not happy in this case.
BTW, it's the great game for users to play when relaxing.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

After a hard wire reset I was able to play the game but at a very laggy pace. I'm on an itouch 4g 64g.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I was really excited to try this one out, in spite of the possible ads, but it crashes after the load screens and never finishes loading. I've done the usual round of cleanup including rebooting and dropping other apps to no avail.

And yes, this was on an iTouch 32 gig with 4.3.5 as my user info suggests. What will the IAP consist of?
I'm sorry about your experience. Sadly, this game is very graphics-intensive, so itouch 4th generation with 256MB of RAM will indeed struggle. I also don't have an old iTouch to test my game on. As a small studio, we are scrapping together what we can at the moment. The IAP will contain additional resources to give you a jump start on jet upgrading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Relative touch controls.
Thank you for your explanation, CygnetSeven. The game uses RT indeed. You don't need to put your finger on top of the fighter jet to control it. So your view is never blocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I've played the game for a while and notices that:
- The control is simple, you only drag to control your character.
- The game is not presented in full screen (I'm using an ipad 2). The blue screen is presented on 2 edges of my device.
- There is no sound when the enemies are killed, and I'm not happy in this case.
BTW, it's the great game for users to play when relaxing.
Thank you for your comment. The game is designed with a 16:9 aspect ratio on the drawing board, and for a game like this, it's unfair to give players more room for maneuver just because they use a wider display, so I made the decision to block out the sides. I hope you understand.

When the enemies are killed, there is actually a low-pitch, deep, resonant explosion sound. However, you might not have heard it because the techno music is quite overpowering. Let me see if I can adjust the balance in the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
After a hard wire reset I was able to play the game but at a very laggy pace. I'm on an itouch 4g 64g.
I'm very sorry to hear that. 4G has very little RAM and most developers are having a hard time optimizing our games for it. I'll see what I can do about this in the near future. Now iTouch 4 is completely out of stock even in second hand shops, making testing on this device almost impossible.

Last edited by ExK; 07-07-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

No problem ExK. I'll have to hold on to my itouch 4g for old times sake I plan on upgrading to a new device when Apple comes out with new toys.