Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM
iPad mini

Default TA Doesn't Accept Feedback

Then why have a forum for it? The thread that was just deleted had a number of good points about conflict of interest and ways to improve information given to front page readers. If you disagree, that's fine, but to just delete the thread seems highly shady to say the least, and shows a total disregard for member opinions...
Old 07-08-2013, 01:49 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

The thread was totally out of control. We're open to feedback, but not in a highly accusatory and aggressive manner. Our editorial policies haven't changed, and, as it mentions, maintaining our integrity is paramount. Our freelance writers are thoroughly vetted, and the people who make it to be a part of our team are among the 1% of the applications we get. If I even had any suspicion that Karl had any ulterior movies for anything he was doing for us, he wouldn't be writing for us.

If you don't trust me, or my staff, don't read TouchArcade. It's really that simple. I hate to say it, but much like highly conspiratorial comments we get on front page reviews, people who believe these things have already made up their minds and no amount of rational discussion will change that.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
iPad mini

It was already locked, and honestly I'm not sure there was anything particularly conspiratorial. No one was (at least most posters were not) saying that the review was affected by a conflict of interest. People were just questioning whether it was fair to say such a conflict existed, and personally I think it was.

Anyway, any thoughts about mini-bios for review authors under their reviews so we can learn a bit more about them? It would be nice for more reasons than just what was discussed in that other thread.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM
TouchArcade Janitor

The new TouchArcade redesign which is launching soon will have author bios. I deleted it because people who are in to "TouchArcade more like TouchArePaid"-style conspiracy theories never forgive and never forget... SooOooOOoo... No real reason to dwell on it. If I thought Karl was a problem, I would solve that problem before someone posted a thread about it.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Thank you for taking the mini bio idea.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
The new TouchArcade redesign which is launching soon will have author bios. I deleted it because people who are in to "TouchArcade more like TouchArePaid"-style conspiracy theories never forgive and never forget... SooOooOOoo... No real reason to dwell on it. If I thought Karl was a problem, I would solve that problem before someone posted a thread about it.

touchArePaid? Hey, that's a new one!

And that sean.99-guy. He smell like Defred. It WAS Defred, amirite?

Last edited by Vovin; 07-08-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
TouchArcade Janitor

Wouldn't surprise me.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I will restrain myself, but I'm in agreement with the OP. I personally feel that if the feedback isn't something the site agrees with, they delete the thread in two shakes of a lamb's tail. :\

I've made a few topics about stuff... while I may have written them in an "aggressive" manner, as Eli puts it, I thought I made some great points. I was shot down in every single suggestion and passed off as a red-flagged troll probably. Hopefully that red flag is gone now, but it is bizarre to me that the suggestions forum is a thing when most suggestions get shot down if they're not universally agreed upon by the admins.

I don't know. It's just a thing.

While I definitely didn't agree with that topic about the "conflict of interest", I respect the OP's right to make such a topic, in any manner he pleases that doesn't threaten the well-being of any member. I think it's silly to delete suggestion topics that have a sinister/sarcastic/aggressive edge, because that really hurts the credibility of this being a system where our feedback is even wanted.

Some of us just write abrasively. It's not something we can help. It was never my intention to offend anyone with the topics I made. I was legitimately voicing my concerns for many issues... that's it. But the way I wrote them, apparently I came off as abrasive and I "caused more work for the mods."

It's just dumb. It's also dumb that I am writing this much about it, I realize. But I write a lot. It's what I do. You want me to write an essay on how to open a banana? I can do it!

I agree with the OP here. I think this forum should be less of a suggestions forum and more described as purely a bugs and glitches one... because those are the only topics I've ever seen that actually have positive feedback. I've never seen a suggestion make it past the concept period. The glitches and bugs topics, though? Of course they care about those more. Functionality over opinion is always more important... but at the cost of the users feeling they have no freedom or control or voice with regards to possible improvements they've brought up? That's not fair.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
You want me to write an essay on how to open a banana? I can do it!
Please do.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Please do.
Okay. You will have to give me a little while. But I will try!

Admittedly that might have been a bad example, though... I'm not really sure if I could make an essay describing opening a banana. Unless I take the erotic route... Yeah. 50 Peels of Banana.

I like the sound of this.