★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Test your orientation skills
Train your spatial memory
Uncover ancient secrets
Save the world from the Hordes of darkness
Enjoy casual gameplay with a challenging twist
And a compelling story based on medieval legends

Arcane Anomaly: Dungeons is the prequel to the Temple Raider story. Explore mystic medieval castles in search of ancient artefacts. Find all Dark words magics and take them Beyond the world of the living to return them to the Guardian of Knowledge. Dont get lost or trapped in the maze of tunnels while carefully exploring the cause of paranormal activities in those dungeons.

COLLECT ANCIENT RELICS
Explore the medieval dungeons to gather the artefacts and solve the mysteries to reach the primal truth.

BEWARE OF FIERCE CREATURES
Uncover the secrets of the haunted castles but watch out for traps and ethereal dwellers.

USE MAPS AND ITEM SEEKERS
If you get stuck at any temple go to the Black market where you can find explosives, item seekers, crayons or even old maps

COMPETE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Game center achievements to compete with your friends. Unearth more secrets to earn higher adventurous titles.

INTUITIVE PRECISION CONTROLS
Extremely easy to navigate and move while preserving the rich experience of a joystick controlled game.

UNIVERSAL APP
Temple Raider is a universal game that can be installed on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It will always present the best graphics for your device without the need to purchase a new game for iPhone or iPad.
07-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Is this like the Lite version of the other one?
I kinda liking it, since I love dungeons/mazes

But I am a lefty, so it would be nice to have those 2 sides swapped if that's possible?

EDIT: I was talking about the Joystick part... not sure why that part is missing from this post .
But I had sent you a PM

Last edited by pka4916; 07-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.

07-10-2013, 01:39 PM
pka4916, first of all, I am very glad that you liked it.

Yes, the gameplay is like the paid version. The free version has one world and if you like it, you will definitely like the rest. Each world has completely different story though.
I would suggest that you play all the levels of this free version first and would appreciate if you post a complete impression of the game later.

The joystick swap is an interesting suggestion that is duly noted. In fact, I had the same suggestion from a right handed player that was used the move joystick to be on the left side as well. We should think of a way of making that swap available.
07-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeDeKa View Post
pka4916, first of all, I am very glad that you liked it.

Yes, the gameplay is like the paid version. The free version has one world and if you like it, you will definitely like the rest. Each world has completely different story though.
I would suggest that you play all the levels of this free version first and would appreciate if you post a complete impression of the game later.

The joystick swap is an interesting suggestion that is duly noted. In fact, I had the same suggestion from a right handed player that was used the move joystick to be on the left side as well. We should think of a way of making that swap available.
Great
Well. I am still on the 2nd level, since I have no map.. lol.. so I am running in circles. but since I am having problems with joystick, I might not go the right way.. . But it's on my buy list, and I will leave an impression later.
Looking forward to all the other ones.
07-10-2013, 03:08 PM
A simple solution if you get lost on the smaller levels is to always take the same direction on the turns.
If you choose "always right turns" for example, make sure there will be always a wall to your right shoulder. Of course, watch out for traps and ghouls in the meantime
This will not work on the bigger levels but will surely get you past level 2 in a couple of minutes.
07-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks. that was sooo close for level 2... lol
Anyways.
Made it through 5 more.. and must say:

It's a great game to pass the time.
Lot's of nice effects in the mazes, and a creepy atmosphere at some points in the levels.
Great information for each level, and items to collect. to either get items to help you in your journey.
If you like the mazes as "The Quest" then I would recommend this game for you.
Looking forward for more
07-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Thank you for the excellent review. Please don't hesitate to make any other suggestions that may lead to improvement of the gameplay.