★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Face the smallest challenge yet! In Atom Shooter, a unique and refreshing arcade shooter, your task is to shoot all the orbiting electrons and survive the following nucleus explosion. But beware: as the atomic number increases, the nucleus pull force gets stronger.

Collect shot down electrons and neutrons from the nucleus explosion to buy new weapons, engines, modules and ships! Even more stuff is coming in the updates!

Play in two game modes:
1. Classic
For each of the 118 levels / elements from the periodic table you get 3 ships to try to finish it, and unlock the next one. Your performance in 3 categories: time, collected electrons and collected neutrons is measured with bronze, silver and gold stars. You can always come back to any finished level to master it.

2. Marathon
You get 3 ships, start from Hydrogen and make your way through the elements. How far and how much points can you get?

The game supports iPad Retina and iPhone5 so it will look great no matter what you are playing it on.

It is also universal and IAP free, so pay once, play on anything and enjoy the lack of obtrusive IAPs forcing you to buy in-game currency :)

copaeci's comments:

For bigger Screenshots

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9466761&type=1
07-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Really nice strategic shooter that unfortunately is apparently being overlooked.

07-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really nice strategic shooter that unfortunately is apparently being overlooked.
Even though it's obviously completely different, would you say this is on par with something like infinite, for example?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks for posting this, it looks neat. And a ''really nice'' from Gabe, no less. I'm in.

Last edited by Andy C83; 07-11-2013 at 08:49 AM.
07-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Even though it's obviously completely different, would you say this is on par with something like infinite, for example?
Hmm, hard to line that game up with anything, isn't it? This is a lot more of a traditional shooter, retro in spirit perhaps, but still fairly original and strategic in the sense that there are clear goals to accomplish. Upgrades, tons of levels as well as a progressive survival mode, no IAP. How hard do you need me to sell this?
07-11-2013, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Hmm, hard to line that game up with anything, isn't it? This is a lot more of a traditional shooter, retro in spirit perhaps, but still fairly original and strategic in the sense that there are clear goals to accomplish. Upgrades, tons of levels as well as a progressive survival mode, no IAP. How hard do you need me to sell this?
Fine, fine. I'm sold. Just give me time to finish this blasted Walking Dead download, and then I'll pick up Tiny Thief, Marbly Deluxe and this. Provided my download finishes. If ever.

Wow...BlogArcade! I'll shut up now.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-11-2013, 06:01 AM
The more I play this, the more I like it. The presentation is really nice, with the Periodic Table and everything. Well done dev.
07-11-2013, 06:26 AM
The last game to impress me this much from a presentation point of view on iOS was Wide Sky. Unfortunately, Wide Sky's gameplay was quite terrible. This on the other hand...the gameplay's quite excellent. There's absolutely no reason this should be $1 considering there are no IAPs, it's universal, has iPad retina...the whole nine yards. Guys, buy this before Krzysztof comes to his senses and increases the price.

07-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Wow, thanks guys for such positive reviews!

Could I kindly ask for a positive reviews on the App Store from people who liked the game? We are going full indie on this, and we need any drop of positive feedback to get the engine running

Also I recommend liking the Atom Shooter on facebook https://www.facebook.com/atomshootergame where we will be posting news on the upcoming updates and other neat stuff
You may also like our main page while your at it https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vinyl...58921500824867

Oh, and of course, here are some promo codes for the game
7K999Y79M66X
99TJEKT4LWTW
FPHRETRJEXWK

Have fun!
07-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Two things in case the dev finds his way here:

Marathon mode should really have a proper save instead of, apparently, a temporary one, as a game can go on for quite some time.

Bug: unequipping a weapon and going back into play without one causes a crash upon attempting to fire.