http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/srkevo2/srkevo3
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo2
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo3

All schedule times PST.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617796
Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

First hype AE match: John Choi vs Arturo Sanchez!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:31 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hm... given my recent Injustice kick, which has led to me start playing Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Mortal Kombat (the new one), and consider opening my Street Fighter X Tekken, I think this might be a prime time for me to watch the streams of EVO! I might enjoy it a lot more now that I'm in a Fighting kick :P

The only reason I'll really be paying attention, though, is for the character reveal of who will be the next (and apparently final?) DLC character in Injustice: Gods Among Us!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Oooh boy, gotta love Jigglypuff's Rest
Old 07-13-2013, 06:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Day one was great. Highlights were PR Rog vs infiltration, Lord Knight vs Banana Ken in P4A and Haitini in general. Shame about the 3v3.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:21 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

I hope GamerBee wins SF4...I freakin love Adon.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:50 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

New update for SF4 in 2014: Elena, Hugo, Rolento, Poison and a new character.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Glacius from new Killer Instinct.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:31 PM
In Time-Out
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

So uh... Yeah... never mind about watching this stuff lol. I tried watching videos from last year's EVO, and even tried watching a few minutes of streaming from this one, and I have no idea what is going on. I see two people using cool combos to fight each other... I don't understand all this crazy lingo.

It's actually really annoying to me when something happens on the screen, and then the announcers and audience go super crazy! I have no idea what they're going crazy about The only time I was able to figure it out was that one video of the guy blocking Chun-Li's special kick move. That was neat. But I couldn't even begin to try and understand what was so special about, well... anything I saw lol.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
So uh... Yeah... never mind about watching this stuff lol. I tried watching videos from last year's EVO, and even tried watching a few minutes of streaming from this one, and I have no idea what is going on. I see two people using cool combos to fight each other... I don't understand all this crazy lingo.

It's actually really annoying to me when something happens on the screen, and then the announcers and audience go super crazy! I have no idea what they're going crazy about The only time I was able to figure it out was that one video of the guy blocking Chun-Li's special kick move. That was neat. But I couldn't even begin to try and understand what was so special about, well... anything I saw lol.

You mean this vid?

In SF3, like all street fighters, you block by holding away from the opponent. You take no damage from regular moves, but take a little damage if they use special or super moves.

There is a system called parrying in the game. You tap towards the opponent at the exact time they attack. If you miss you take the damage, and it's tough to do in a professional match against a regular move.

So in the Diago/ Justin Wong video, Daigo was dead to rights. Justin Wong decided to fake around for a bit and them surprise Daigo with a super move to catch him on the ground and kill him even if he blocked. But Daigo did the near impossible and parried the entire supermove (about 14 times) and surprised Justin with a combo of his own, which killed him. Most regular people (like me) at the time had trouble parrying 3 moves, and didn't even know you could parry a supermove.

As for other games, you'll appreciate them if you've played them for a bit. For example, I don't really watch Marvel because it's way too chaotic for me, but since I play SF and MK, I can follow those. As for the lingo, you'll catch on after a while, or you can ask someone in the SF Volt thread for help.