What kind of games do you get addicted to?

07-13-2013, 11:53 PM
#1
What kind of games do you get addicted to?

My sister have been recently addicted again to a game called Ninja Slash, she plays it hours every day. She always get addicted to runner games. Me? Runner games and racing games.

You?
07-14-2013, 08:59 AM
#2
hack and slash, action rpg, shooters, and horror games

07-14-2013, 12:13 PM
#3
Any games with cute animals... that gets a quick ticket to me getting addicted. This includes anthropomorphic animals; games like StarFox 64, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.

Rhythm games. Rock Band and Guitar Hero mostly (the first three Guitar Hero games... screw the other ones).

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater/Tony Hawk's Underground/Tony Hawk's Project 8

Honestly, here's just the list of games I got addicted to in the last 10 years:

Viva Piñata
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Rock Band 2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Halo 4
Halo: Reach
Wake the Cat iOS
Bejeweled iOS
Silent Hill series (blasted through Downpour and 2 in a couple weeks)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (beat it four times last summer)
World of Warcraft (for two weeks)

...there are probably so many more, too.

I get addicted easily

The most severe addictions, where I know for a fact I put more than 200 hours in each, were Rock Band 2 and Viva Piñata. Viva Piñata was just... gah. So fun. I loved my Macaraccoons <3

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
07-14-2013, 12:25 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceraux View Post
My sister have been recently addicted again to a game called Ninja Slash, she plays it hours every day. She always get addicted to runner games. Me? Runner games and racing games.

You?
Omg, Ninja Slash! The only game I'm addicted too! I play every morning at 10am when the daily challenge is available. I've done 40/50 challenges so far.

My best score is - 468,594 points
My best combo is - 2,052 hits

*and I haven't even used a single power-up or bought any extra boosts.
07-14-2013, 12:25 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,559
Match-3.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-14-2013, 12:57 PM
#6
4x games

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
07-14-2013, 02:12 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Omg, Ninja Slash! The only game I'm addicted too! I play every morning at 10am when the daily challenge is available. I've done 40/50 challenges so far.

My best score is - 468,594 points
My best combo is - 2,052 hits

*and I haven't even used a single power-up or bought any extra boosts.
After all this talk of "Ninja Slash" I decided to check it out and to my surprise, its actually quite fun
07-15-2013, 01:47 AM
#8
God, Gov, what happened? You're pro! Nice one! Highest one my sister got were 147k+..
07-15-2013, 01:49 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Any games with cute animals... that gets a quick ticket to me getting addicted. This includes anthropomorphic animals; games like StarFox 64, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.

Rhythm games. Rock Band and Guitar Hero mostly (the first three Guitar Hero games... screw the other ones).

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater/Tony Hawk's Underground/Tony Hawk's Project 8

Honestly, here's just the list of games I got addicted to in the last 10 years:

Viva Piñata
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Rock Band 2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Halo 4
Halo: Reach
Wake the Cat iOS
Bejeweled iOS
Silent Hill series (blasted through Downpour and 2 in a couple weeks)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (beat it four times last summer)
World of Warcraft (for two weeks)

...there are probably so many more, too.

I get addicted easily

The most severe addictions, where I know for a fact I put more than 200 hours in each, were Rock Band 2 and Viva Piñata. Viva Piñata was just... gah. So fun. I loved my Macaraccoons <3
Certified gamer ^^^^ can you give me some? XD just kidding..
07-15-2013, 03:18 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,236
I love retro games, old skool RPG's, shooters and platformers.

Cant stand endless runners but i have found a 'couple' which i admit arent too bad, its just seeing more and more every week is depressing.

Never got into Angry Birds, never understood why it was so popular but as a star wars fan i grudgingly admit i do like the SW Angry Birds version !