★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***** Our new game METAL RACER is just released! *****
***** Play it for FREE now!!! *****

READY TO TAKE OFF

In 2100 A.D, the planet became a unified nation named Earth Federation. However, the unification never lasted long. Minorities were up in arms against the EF, who desperately oppose the imperialism of the EF, insisting on secession from the unification.
The EF forces brutally oppressed the Resistance Army, and yet the voices of dissent within the EF forces were growing louder accordingly. In the end, the secret organization, called ATLUS was found inside the EF forces. ATLUS has performed secret operation so as to eliminate the heads of the EF. Every pilots belonging to Bear Unit of ATLUS is spearheading highly covert operations.

GRAPHICS

Utilizing high resolution textures and the latest shaders, truly realistic battle fields and dramatic graphic-effects representing shooting sense offer you unforgettable battle experiences.

BATTLE

Operating mechs armed with more than 40 of weapons and parts in first-person makes you feel lively and challenging combat experiences.
Join battle with stronger and thicker enemies now and defeat them! The game offers more than 20 stages across multiple modes and battles in infinity mode, all of which are dynamic as well as suspenseful. We keep in updating additional stages and modes.

RESEARCH LAB

It is crucial for winning pilots to develop all sorts of weapons, fire controllers, defensive equipments and engines, for which more than 40 of parts are offered.
You can customize your mech, such as high mobility type, heavily armored type or fireflaming type, along with your combat style, researching proper parts.

ASSEMBLY

The various classes of bodies, parts, weapons and research help you customize your own mechs considering play styles.

Features:
* Truly realistic battle fields and dramatic graphic-effects
* Assembly and Research system
* iCloud support
* Game Center support
* Languages Supported: English, Japanese, Korean

Notes:
- For optimal performance, we recommend re-booting your device after downloading and closing other applications when playing MetalWars3.
- It is highly recommended that you upgrade your device to the latest iOS version.
- Parents: You can turn off In-App purchasing in the iOS settings.

sink_or_swim's comments:

07-16-2013, 03:24 AM
This looks like m3ch of small impact

07-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Just played the first mission, but so far it's a big step up from MW2 in graphics, controls, and gameplay. Will try to report further before the end of the day.
07-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Just played the first mission, but so far it's a big step up from MW2 in graphics, controls, and gameplay. Will try to report further before the end of the day.
Do please.

By the way, have I got the wrong day?
It's looking a bit like a Wednesday.
07-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the video Sanuku and the good early imps Square. This is a buy for me as I enjoyed the other Metal War games.

Edit: 847MB installed for those curious.

Last edited by ojtitus; 07-16-2013 at 10:41 AM.
07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
fun??
07-16-2013, 02:02 PM
New i5 arrived today. Will give this a try when it's downloaded. Big difference from the 4S though, recommend the upgrade to anyone. Gameplay is the same but graphics are alot higher on many new games. Anyway back on topic...
07-16-2013, 02:30 PM
This looks really cool, just worried if that text is too small on the smaller devices?
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Well let's start with the good.

The graphics look nice on my mini, so I can not comment if they are retina or not.

The game plays well with the left stick for movement and swipe to look around. There is an iron sight button for aiming manually and is better for attacking at distance. Aiming when not using iron sight mode allows for auto aiming as long as you are within range and keep the enemy in your aiming reticle.

After completing missions you are awarded with experience and gold. Both of which are used in the research section, experience points are used to unlock new gear from a tree of different items. Here is where things start to get a little troublesome, three of the better items can only be purchased with "metal credits", which you can buy via IAP for real money. These "metal credits" can also be converted into cash or experience points.

I've only played four missions in and can't say if there is a way to earn " metal credits" in game. I am stuck on the fourth mission and will have to replay the earlier missions to try and earn some experience and cash to upgrade my weapons as I have only upgraded my generator so far.

It's a fun game but expect replaying of levels to earn enough money and experience to upgrade you gear.