★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DotEmu
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 23.0 MB
  • Version: 2.0.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: R-TYPE, THE CLASSIC ARCADE SHOOTER, RETURNS AS A UNIVERSAL APP!
Revisit the 80's (mesh half-shirts and Keds optional) with this classic, old-school shoot 'em up! One of the decades most popular arcade games will awaken fond memories of jangling quarters, Jolt Cola and week-old popcorn. Fire up your iPhone or iPad and get ready to go back... to R-Type!

FEEL THE BLAST!
Blast off and attack the evil Bydo Empire. Use everything in your arsenal to take them down dont be shy! It's retro, it's fun and it's a 10 on the difficulty scale. Finish this masterpiece and carve your name amongst the greats!

INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL FEATURES
Remember how damnably difficult R-Type was? Well it still is, because we stayed true to the original, just the way you remember it! Choose between two difficulty settings, utilize two different control options and soar through eight jam-packed levels, each with its own unique boss. Upgrade to new weapons, power-ups, and attachments as you battle wave after wave of enemies.

... AND SOME NEW FEATURES TOO!
- Universal version
- Enhanced Touch mode
- Eight levels and two different control options: touch and virtual D-pad
- Two difficulty settings
- Available in 10 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Portuguese
- Full Retina Display support
- Game Center: unlockable achievements + online leaderboards

Sanuku's comments:

07-17-2013, 06:48 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Squeal !!!!!!!!

07-17-2013, 06:49 AM
iCade support. Is that asking too much?
07-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Sweet. I already have two versions of this on iOS, but I will instabuy this one too. I guess this is why the EA version was pulled, transfer of rights or whatever...
07-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Wow talk about a nice blast from the past..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
07-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Oh snap! This is a insta buy
07-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Oh. Hell. Yah!

DotEmu is on a roll...
07-17-2013, 07:03 AM
legend shooting game.. RTYPE
07-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Hi everyone,

EA distribution rights expired so the game has been pulled. We decided to re-launch it with a lot of improvements following the feedback we had from users (Universal, customizable controls, Game Center etc).

To answer your question, YES there is iCade support!!

The DotEmu team.
07-17-2013, 07:20 AM
Wow, just got killed by the level three boss, this is great! Haven't played r type since I had it on game boy in the 90's, interestingly this shows what a good port the gameboy version actually was. The best thing about this is you can turn off auto fire, which is a refreshing change on ios.