Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-17-2013, 01:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Peloponnes

[/QUOTE]
Old 07-17-2013, 01:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Has anyone tried it? Here's the BGG blog about it - http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/21...ase-peloponnes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I bought it, but won't have a chance to play until later. I'll leave impressions once I've had a chance to play it.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Does anyone know if this has a campaign? I'm interested in the game, but it's off-putting to me when a board game comes with a campaign.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw it in the screenshots. Meh. I don't really understand why board games have campaigns, to be honest. Oh well.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Ok, so I had a chance to play this and I give a cautious recommendation to board game lovers. I wasn't familiar with the physical game, but I did a bit of research to get an idea of what was involved.

So the app seems like a pretty faithful representation of what I saw on BGG. The negatives are a pretty lacking tutorial (although it links to the full game rules), and quite a few localization errors. The positives are a fun game and pretty intuitive UI. Not the most polished app in the world, but perfectly serviceable and quite fun.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default AI?

I know you are new to the game, but how is the ai? I know the dev is saying it will get multiplayer in the future but I heard that said many times before. Without a decent ai, I don't know if I'll bite.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I don't understand the decision to go digital and not have online multiplayer for a board-game. I do enjoy face-to-face (certain games demand it) from interaction with fellow players and physicality of the board and pieces, but [async] online multiplay has revolutionised board-gaming - as a couple of commentators in the BGG link above have alluded.

I'll take a look on BGG to find out more about the game and hope that the devs reconsider their decision. As it stands, I'd wager that the vast majority of the TA and PT board-game crowd will mentally 'Pass' due to the lack of online multiplayer.

Addendum: read a player review on BGG. Sounds like a game that I would like inc. various Euro mechanics.

Last edited by Riotgirl; 07-17-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
I know you are new to the game, but how is the ai? I know the dev is saying it will get multiplayer in the future but I heard that said many times before. Without a decent ai, I don't know if I'll bite.
It seems like decent AI so far. To speak to the other poster, I couldn't care less about async multi player.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I dont see where you can get the expansions (refered to extensions in game).
Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Neat Euro resource game with depth and strategy but, at least for me, a lot more graspable than Agricola.

There are a number of typos and it seems a bit deceptive to advertise the extensions if not actually available so I'm hoping it's just one of those cases where the IAP weren't yet enabled when Apple flipped the switch on the main game. The main game is plenty compelling and complete on its own, I just am OCD and want it all if possible from the get go.