• Publisher: JACTALEA
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 42.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Peloponnese - seat of the Gods. Each player represents one of 7 Peloponnesian civiliza- tions in 1000 B.C., trying to develop it, increase its wealth and population, and become the most powerful entering the new millennium.

Players have 8 rounds to develop their civilizations, adding territory through Land Tiles and prestigious buildings through the Building Tiles. These increase the civilizations inhabitants, luxury, wealth and power. Only through a balance of inhabitants, land and buildings can a player claim victory and join the heroes of Peloponnesian history.

The iPad version has extended features as:

- A game tutorial.
- Multi-player up to 4 players on the same tablet.
- Up to 3 virtual players to play against.
- Track your Peleponnes score against players from all over the world
through Gamecenter
- Win achievement medals from Gamecenter for the highest scores...
- New civilisations added in the iPad version.

Card's comments:
[/QUOTE]
07-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Has anyone tried it? Here's the BGG blog about it - http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/21...ase-peloponnes

GC: UnSurreal

07-17-2013, 01:41 PM
I bought it, but won't have a chance to play until later. I'll leave impressions once I've had a chance to play it.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know if this has a campaign? I'm interested in the game, but it's off-putting to me when a board game comes with a campaign.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw it in the screenshots. Meh. I don't really understand why board games have campaigns, to be honest. Oh well.
07-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Ok, so I had a chance to play this and I give a cautious recommendation to board game lovers. I wasn't familiar with the physical game, but I did a bit of research to get an idea of what was involved.

So the app seems like a pretty faithful representation of what I saw on BGG. The negatives are a pretty lacking tutorial (although it links to the full game rules), and quite a few localization errors. The positives are a fun game and pretty intuitive UI. Not the most polished app in the world, but perfectly serviceable and quite fun.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-17-2013, 07:05 PM
AI?

I know you are new to the game, but how is the ai? I know the dev is saying it will get multiplayer in the future but I heard that said many times before. Without a decent ai, I don't know if I'll bite.

GAMECENTER ID: Cali9ula
Hearthstone Caligula#1384
Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps
07-17-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't understand the decision to go digital and not have online multiplayer for a board-game. I do enjoy face-to-face (certain games demand it) from interaction with fellow players and physicality of the board and pieces, but [async] online multiplay has revolutionised board-gaming - as a couple of commentators in the BGG link above have alluded.

I'll take a look on BGG to find out more about the game and hope that the devs reconsider their decision. As it stands, I'd wager that the vast majority of the TA and PT board-game crowd will mentally 'Pass' due to the lack of online multiplayer.

Addendum: read a player review on BGG. Sounds like a game that I would like inc. various Euro mechanics.

Last edited by Riotgirl; 07-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.
07-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
I know you are new to the game, but how is the ai? I know the dev is saying it will get multiplayer in the future but I heard that said many times before. Without a decent ai, I don't know if I'll bite.
It seems like decent AI so far. To speak to the other poster, I couldn't care less about async multi player.

07-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I dont see where you can get the expansions (refered to extensions in game).

GAMECENTER ID: Cali9ula
Hearthstone Caligula#1384
Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps
07-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Neat Euro resource game with depth and strategy but, at least for me, a lot more graspable than Agricola.

There are a number of typos and it seems a bit deceptive to advertise the extensions if not actually available so I'm hoping it's just one of those cases where the IAP weren't yet enabled when Apple flipped the switch on the main game. The main game is plenty compelling and complete on its own, I just am OCD and want it all if possible from the get go.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews