Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Shuffling the Deck: Pirates

Old 07-18-2013, 12:33 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I created this thread because, well...it's a board/card game, which are very popular here amongst a certain group. Doubt this is the deepest one, but it deserves a thread.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:53 AM

Reciting: it seems this is a port of the following card game, which essentially, similar to Dominion (or Ascension, if you prefer):

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...fling-the-deck

The Dice Tower video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1WivKLoIzU
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks for sharing, I love board/card games, so I am definitely going to pick this one up. On a side note after watching the video review, this game is not like ascension or dominion aside from being a card game. Ascension and dominion are deck building games and this is not a deck building game, I just don't want people being disappointed thinking this is the same type of game when it's not.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah, this is definitely NOT like Dominion. However, it is a good game... more of a deduction game, though. I had no idea they were doing an iOS version. I'll have to pick it up.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This game is a lot of fun and easily recommended for the price. This is a nice surprise.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

but there is a big problem. click an Adventure card to enlarge it and try and read it...ug

and their site mfv.com gets all sorts of "stay away from here" warnings from my browser and the only email i can find, press@mfv.com, apparently doesn't work or at least my email client (thunderbird) errors out when trying to send to it. i hope they fix it, the blurry text is unacceptable.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
but there is a big problem. click an Adventure card to enlarge it and try and read it...ug

and their site mfv.com gets all sorts of "stay away from here" warnings from my browser and the only email i can find, press@mfv.com, apparently doesn't work or at least my email client (thunderbird) errors out when trying to send to it. i hope they fix it, the blurry text is unacceptable.
Yeah, I have the same problem on my mini. The adventure card text is so pixelated when it zooms in that you have a better chance reading it unzoomed but that is still not really easily readable either. It's very strange since the pirate cards zoom just fine but the adventure cards are unreadable zoomed

Last edited by ojtitus; 07-18-2013 at 04:19 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post

Yes, I did just notice that problem with the enlarged cards. That's unfortunate. I certainly hope they update that, but the game IMO is perfectly playable. The text, while very blurry, is readable, and most of the cards have iconography which explain the effects as well.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

i suggest you guys rate it on iTunes as the devs should read the reviews and it seems to be the only way to reach them. mention you like the game but the blurry text has to be fixed and rate it 1 star below what you normally would stating you'll up it 1 star once the text is fixed.