★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Set sail for adventure and intrigue in Pirates of the Spanish Main. Discover ancient treasures while trying to avoid the dangers of the sea in this fast, fun and family-friendly Shuffling the Deck mobile card game. Hide your true intentions and try to determine which ships your opponents controlif you guess correctly, you can plunder half their gold!

Features:
Up to 4 players
Pass 'n Play & Single player modes
Fast, Fun and Family-Friendly!
Full tutorial included!
Automatic scoring and rules enforcement offers easy gameplay for all ages.
Over 100 cards provide visual excitement and almost endless strategic combinations.
Immersive sounds and engaging special effects bring the card game to life!

Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
07-18-2013, 12:33 AM
I created this thread because, well...it's a board/card game, which are very popular here amongst a certain group. Doubt this is the deepest one, but it deserves a thread.

07-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Reciting: it seems this is a port of the following card game, which essentially, similar to Dominion (or Ascension, if you prefer):

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1...fling-the-deck

The Dice Tower video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1WivKLoIzU

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
07-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks for sharing, I love board/card games, so I am definitely going to pick this one up. On a side note after watching the video review, this game is not like ascension or dominion aside from being a card game. Ascension and dominion are deck building games and this is not a deck building game, I just don't want people being disappointed thinking this is the same type of game when it's not.
07-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah, this is definitely NOT like Dominion. However, it is a good game... more of a deduction game, though. I had no idea they were doing an iOS version. I'll have to pick it up.
07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
This game is a lot of fun and easily recommended for the price. This is a nice surprise.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
but there is a big problem. click an Adventure card to enlarge it and try and read it...ug

and their site mfv.com gets all sorts of "stay away from here" warnings from my browser and the only email i can find, press@mfv.com, apparently doesn't work or at least my email client (thunderbird) errors out when trying to send to it. i hope they fix it, the blurry text is unacceptable.
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
but there is a big problem. click an Adventure card to enlarge it and try and read it...ug

and their site mfv.com gets all sorts of "stay away from here" warnings from my browser and the only email i can find, press@mfv.com, apparently doesn't work or at least my email client (thunderbird) errors out when trying to send to it. i hope they fix it, the blurry text is unacceptable.
Yeah, I have the same problem on my mini. The adventure card text is so pixelated when it zooms in that you have a better chance reading it unzoomed but that is still not really easily readable either. It's very strange since the pirate cards zoom just fine but the adventure cards are unreadable zoomed

Last edited by ojtitus; 07-18-2013 at 04:19 PM.
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post

Yes, I did just notice that problem with the enlarged cards. That's unfortunate. I certainly hope they update that, but the game IMO is perfectly playable. The text, while very blurry, is readable, and most of the cards have iconography which explain the effects as well.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-18-2013, 05:01 PM
i suggest you guys rate it on iTunes as the devs should read the reviews and it seems to be the only way to reach them. mention you like the game but the blurry text has to be fixed and rate it 1 star below what you normally would stating you'll up it 1 star once the text is fixed.