Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 07-19-2013, 12:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Do you sing?

I can sing but not so professionally, and I have a not-so-wide vocal range, I can sing Alt. Metal (SOAD, Slipknot), Thrash Metal (Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer etc.), Pop rock (Maroon 5), Rock (The Killers), and the best of my voice - Death metal (Death) and lot of other Rock/Metal subgenres. You? Tell me about some songs you sing..

Last edited by Oceraux; 07-19-2013 at 12:43 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I love singing along to Taylor Swift. I have trouble deciding whether or not I should do my regular voice or my horrendous high-pitched voice to match Ms. Swift

I sometimes listen to Senses Fail and want to just take in the lyrics.. while other times I like to sing along.

I mostly rap along to stuff, though. Nas, Eminem, Bad Meets Evil, Hopsin, Lupe Fiasco, "Airplanes" and "Airplanes Pt. II" by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams, "Worldwide Choppers" by every damn rapper imaginable... I like rap a lot.

The only time I sang publicly was at Christmas last year, when I sang to the whole family a song I learned in Russian class. It was called Катьюша, I think. It's been a while, but it's a very popular song there, and I believe it is a wartime anthem.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
I love singing along to Taylor Swift. .

I mostly rap along to stuff, though. Nas, Eminem, Bad Meets Evil, Hopsin, Lupe Fiasco, "Airplanes" and "Airplanes Pt. II" by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams, "Worldwide Choppers" by every damn rapper imaginable... I like rap a lot.

...how do you like rap and Taylor Swift?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

So you're pop and hiphop? Nice, do you listen to any rock by chance?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

You've gotta hear me sing B.Y.O.B. (by System of a Down/SOAD) and Spirit Crusher (by Death). The scream at the chorus of Spirit Crusher, is eargasmic
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I can scream, though acoustically, it's quiet in a quiet place, and practically inaudible in a noisy place
Old 07-19-2013, 04:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Wow, lots of rap and metal love around here! Let me throw my hat into the Power Pop ring for a minute. I've been singing for about 12 years, starting with singing along to Green Day, Weezer, Alkaline Trio, and other pop punky type junk when I was in high school. Around that time I started learning how to play guitar (I already knew drums) and started writing/recording terrible songs in my basement.

Flash forward to now, I've learned piano and bass and am trying to be more like the Beatles and Brian Wilson and less like Blink 182 (to stick with alliteration). In college I was a finalist in the John Lennon Scholarship songwriting competition and have played the International Pop Overthrow festival a few times (well, two cities, only one year, but still!)

And this finally brings me to my half assed plug of my current band Sweet Diss and the Comebacks which can be heard at sweetdiss.com.

Any other bands around the TA forums?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
I can scream, though acoustically, it's quiet in a quiet place, and practically inaudible in a noisy place
I can relate so much, but the volume of my screaming has increased so much, but the last month I can only scream like the 83s Metallica, if you know what I'm talkin' about, but its not even near to death metal and you can't almost hear it.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
...how do you like rap and Taylor Swift?
B.o.B featuring Taylor Swift - Both of Us

That is all.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

No, to the mercy of everyone.