App description: Freedom Fall is a fast-paced down-scrolling platformer. Run, jump, plummet, glide, slide, swim and bomb your way down through a towering mechanical maze and onto freedom.

It's a trip brimming with devilish traps, dark humour and fractured fairy-tale heart.

A trip featuring a brave young man, a warped prison warden, a stunning princess, a step-mother, a king, a barbarian, a dragon rider, a dragonslayer, a thief, a mad genius and a mighty magic potion but nothing quite fits together the way you'd expect.

By the end you'll determine guilt and innocence but until then there are lots of deathtraps to dodge, killer balloons to bounce on, jetboards to ride and even a dragon to fight!

Key features
High-paced platforming action with a down-scrolling flavour
A reverse Rapunzel fairly tale gone awry full of dark humour and charm
Beautiful hand-drawn art
Devilish traps and obstacles with attitude
Bolts to collect and spend on steam-punk upgrades
Earn the right to determine your guilt or innocence
A princess who doesnt exactly need saving

Sanuku's comments:

07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
This actually looks very nice. Someone put care and a lot of details and humour in.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

07-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Hmm... this looks great - but in the trailer, it looks like it uses tilt controls... am I right in thinking that? If not, what are the controls like?

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
07-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Hmm... this looks great - but in the trailer, it looks like it uses tilt controls... am I right in thinking that? If not, what are the controls like?
Touch the sides of your screen to go left and right, tap bottom of screen/both left and right to jump.

I can't say I've come across a game recently that has made me say "I WANT TO KNOW MORE" more than this. Instant purchase. No IAPs.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Touch the sides of your screen to go left and right, tap bottom of screen/both left and right to jump.

I can't say I've come across a game recently that has made me say "I WANT TO KNOW MORE" more than this. Instant purchase. No IAPs.
Right on - thanks! Looks like I'm gonna have to snag this one. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
07-19-2013, 09:06 AM
+1... Looks like something id enjoy playing.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-19-2013, 11:16 AM
You know how I will defend Sine Mora's controls to the death? Ermmm...yeah, not with this. :/ The game is superb, the animations are lovely, I was honestly surprised to see iPad retina and I love the level design, but...the game requires precision. You're gonna need to make your way around tight spots, blades, fire and wall jump a hell of a lot. The problem is...the controls. It's too much of a hassle alternating hands all the time on an iPad, and tapping both sides simultaenously still doesn't give me the precision I need. I'm legitimately scared of later levels. I thought maybe those screenshots showed a different control scheme, but it's apparent those are bombs...and I'm still on the second level and having the hardest time grasping these controls. What's it gonna be like when more buttons start showing up on screen? :/

I don't know if asking for a more traditional (left, right, jump, bomb, whatever) button scheme is a good idea considering I'm still early in and don't know what's going to be thrown at me, but God...I dunno. The game's awesome...I just wish something could be done about these controls.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Oh yeah, for anyone doubting how good the game is, read these reviews of the PC version:

http://www.impulsegamer.com/pcfreedomfall.html
http://www.onlysp.com/freedom-fall-review/
http://operationrainfall.com/review-freedom-fall/
http://www.desura.com/games/freedom-fall/reviews

Stirfire Studios...please, please, please look into adding a more traditional control scheme.

07-19-2013, 12:20 PM
It's true.This game is excellent.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
07-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Very, very good but I'm having a helluva trouble with the wall to wall jumping.