Thor: The Dark World (by Gameloft)

07-20-2013, 06:15 PM
#1
Thor: The Dark World (by Gameloft)

Quote:
At Marvel's panel focusing on their upcoming video game releases earlier today, a trailer for a new THOR game was shown. It was later revealed that it will in fact be a tie-in to Marvel Studios' Thor: The Dark World. Available on the iPhone, iPad, and Android this November (to coincide with the release of the movie), it will be written by screenwriter and Superior Spider-Man Team-Up writer Christopher Yost. The game will feature a brand-new story, over 100 missions, multi-player and more. Be sure to stay tuned to CBM for more updates on this release.
Source:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=83767



According to this source, this game will be released in November (set to coincide with the movie's release), will have multiplayer and will feature over 100 missions and an original story. There are no further gameplay details, so I'm guessing the type of gameplay this'll have is still up in the air (action game, endless runner or, god forbid, city building).

Last edited by Echoseven; 07-20-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Fixed naked link.
07-20-2013, 06:25 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83767

According to this source, this game will be released in November (set to coincide with the movie's release), will have multiplayer and will feature over 100 missions and an original story. There are no further gameplay details, so I'm guessing the type of gameplay this'll have is still up in the air (action game, endless runner or, god forbid, city building).
Huh, sounds interesting, at least. Hopefully Gameloft doesn't take their FTP tack with this one.

07-20-2013, 06:33 PM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,625
City builders don't have "missions" in the traditional sense, nor to infinite runners. I think it's safe to say that this is an actioner, probably a beat em up.
07-20-2013, 06:38 PM
#4
this game look good. i like gameloft games.
07-20-2013, 06:42 PM
#5
Open world please.
Come GL, DO IT!
07-20-2013, 06:44 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
City builders don't have "missions" in the traditional sense, nor to infinite runners.
Regardless of whether they have "traditional missions", both genres contain numerous games which claim that they have missions. Pretty much every endless runner since jetpack joyride has had objectives that are frequently called missions. I'm not saying I think this game will fall into that category, just that the statement about the presence of missions doesn't clarify the genre.
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Regardless of whether they have "traditional missions", both genres contain numerous games which claim that they have missions. Pretty much every endless runner since jetpack joyride has had objectives that are frequently called missions. I'm not saying I think this game will fall into that category, just that the statement about the presence of missions doesn't clarify the genre.
Oh absolutely, but an endless runner or city builder doesn't usually promote itself by a large number of missions (by the way, 100 is nothing to brag about for a runner) - that's something an action oriented game would tend do.

Regardless, I can't stand Thor so I'm not too excited about the licensing. And it is a movie tie-in...

Edit: the multiplayer feature tends to support further a non-runner type game.
07-20-2013, 07:33 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Oh absolutely, but an endless runner or city builder doesn't usually promote itself by a large number of missions (by the way, 100 is nothing to brag about for a runner) - that's something an action oriented game would tend do.

Regardless, I can't stand Thor so I'm not too excited about the licensing. And it is a movie tie-in...

Edit: the multiplayer feature tends to support further a non-runner type game.
THere's still a big possibility of this being an endless runner. Problem is that there are endless runners with hundreds of missions, and recently there have been runners with a bit of multiplayer. Iron Man 3 is a greedfest endless runner with hundreds of missions, and with a slew of multiplayer runners out there, who's to say Gameloft isnt gonna integrate one in it.

Regardless, i do not want this to be a runner of any sort... Not even the Captain America type of runner.

Like you said, it's a movie tie-in, so it'll probably just be an inferior clone of one of their games.

I hope it'd be like TDKR though. It would at least be decent.

I cant even process the thought of this being a city builder.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-20-2013, 07:34 PM
#9
I hope its openworld.
07-20-2013, 07:47 PM
#10
I can't see multiplayer in a city builder nor endless runner (at least not in the multiplayer I'm thinking of). I hope it's an interesting game.