#1  
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
somedumbgamer somedumbgamer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 478
Default App file sizes

I have a ton of games and am running low on storage. I used to be able to easily see all my apps and their file sizes through itunes, when I connected my iPad to my Mac. Now, I can't see the file sizes anymore and don't want to look each app up to determine the file size.

Anyone know of a way to easily view all the app file sizes from a single location?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Candykiller Candykiller is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedumbgamer View Post
I have a ton of games and am running low on storage. I used to be able to easily see all my apps and their file sizes through itunes, when I connected my iPad to my Mac. Now, I can't see the file sizes anymore and don't want to look each app up to determine the file size.

Anyone know of a way to easily view all the app file sizes from a single location?
You can view all the app sizes within your iPad.
Just go to Settings - General / Usage / Storage / Show all Apps
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM
somedumbgamer somedumbgamer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
You can view all the app sizes within your iPad.
Just go to Settings - General / Usage / Storage / Show all Apps
Awesome! Thank you so much. I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-22-2013, 04:57 PM
psj3809 psj3809 is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,327
Default

I always find twitter and Facebook seem to have inflated filesizes. I tend toddlers the apps then reinstall.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Candykiller Candykiller is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I always find twitter and Facebook seem to have inflated filesizes.
That will be because these apps cache the content you have been viewing. A good example is Flipboard. If you use Flipboard for a while then take note of the app size as described above. Then go into Flipboard settings and Clear the Content Cache. Check the file size again and it will be dramatically reduced to the base app size again.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent