Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default UNPUZZLED Mind Blowing Puzzle Solving Fun!

Hi all,
I've just lunched this truly unique mind blowing puzzle game and would love for you guys to have a play!

Please let me know what you think.

Hope you like playing it!

Thanks
Leo
Old 07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Has anybody tried it yet? Would love to have some feedback from you guys.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:27 PM
iPhone 4

This looks pretty neat, can't wait to pick it up.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Just tried this out, with mixed feelings.
The interface is clean and pleasant, and the game seems to do a fair job of teaching you how to play it. Basically, these are math puzzles, which are truly a challenge for me. Math has always been a weak spot for me, but the puzzles are structured in a way that it's actually fun. Made it through the first 15 levels, and seeing as there are a ton of levels (maybe 200?), this is going to get pretty difficult - which is not a bad thing. One interesting thing about the puzzles - if you quit a puzzle and open it back up, the structure of the puzzle is the same, but the numbers have changed, so if you're totally stumped, getting new numbers helped me through a couple.

I am really not crazy about the IAP system, however, and I suspect many users will agree with me. Each time you move a number tile, you use up a move. As you can see in the screen shot, moves are limited. I haven't seen any way to earn moves in-game...but you can buy more moves. Which sort of stinks. I can't remember the starting number of moves, it's over 200, but after 15 levels I have 150 moves left. That means I'll probably run out pretty soon, and judging by the store I'll have to purchase a LOT of moves. 200 moves cost $0.99, 1000 moves are $4.99, etc. I'd be happy to throw cash at the dev for his work (because this is actually fun), but I'd much prefer to pay up front and get unlimited moves.

Edit: I just played a few more levels, and either after level 15 or after my number of moves got lower than 100, I noticed a timer on the move number. It counts down 2 minutes, after which you get one more move. So, that's how you earn moves in-game.

Last edited by InkyTheGhost; 07-24-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The freemium model is interesting, see above post. I wasn't quite sure how this would play out from the screenshots, but this is an interesting puzzler.

I'd rather have unlimited moves myself. I suppose someone could do a screenshot of a puzzle and work on it outside of the app and plug the numbers in afterward. It could be costly messing up the puzzle and losing even more moves to fix things.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I found that I can reset the puzzle and get a different set of numbers for the same layout. This can be useful as some grids will be easier than others.

Portrait and landscape modes are both offered. That's not something seen as much as it could be done in apps.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I totally agree with InkyTheGhost. It's quite an excellent game in every aspect, except the timer. This game brings me the same feeling as the latest update of VS. Racing 2

Last edited by nojviad; 07-24-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Great to hear some awesome feedback! Thanks guys

I'm considering adding the Unlimited Moves IAP in the next update.

What do you guys think of the game balancing so far? Is it too easy, too hard or just about right?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Game balancing scales up fine. Starts out easy and becomes progressively challenging. Would prefer a level with no timers (wait...were there timers?) I can't remember because I hated the IAP system and deleted the game. Bummer, since I this game has a smooth interface, great eye-candy and helps keep the mind sharp.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the feedback ColeDaddy. Glad you like the balancing
Please can you let me know exactly what you didn't like about the IAP system?