• Publisher: Madgarden
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 0.2 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Classic early 80's style arcade space shooter, with a laid back vibe and easy, smooth controls. Just chillax and shoot some aliens for a while. - Variety of different aliens that swoop down at a nonchalant pace - Unique boss every 5 waves - Rescue space pods for power ups - Real-time synthesized arcade sounds

Mrs.Madgarden's comments:
Madgarden is pleased to announce their latest release: Chillaxian

Description

Classic early 80's style arcade space shooter, with a laid back vibe and easy, smooth controls. Just chillax and shoot some aliens for a while.

- Variety of different aliens that swoop down at a nonchalant pace
- Unique boss every 10 waves
- Real-time synthesized arcade sounds
07-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Looks good, just the controls though !

Is it relative touch ? Do you swipe to move etc ?

07-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Just touch left if you want to go left, touch right to go right. How long you hold the touch determines how far you move in that direction. It auto fires when an alien is in the red beam.
07-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Took elr69ax9ntnj (Damn the others went quick)

Yeah nice game. Controls work well, you shoot automatically if an enemies in your line of sight (red vertical line). First two levels are basically galaxians, next one was some vertical scrolling asteroid type field where you dodge the objects.

Graphics are very nice and retro, the 1979 mode is quite cool as it adds an old skool annoying noise to the game ! Well worth picking up. If the dev does another retro game i'll buy that for sure as i now feel guilty for getting this one for free. Really nice retro style game
Just noticed in your signature that you pick up iCade games and so I wanted to mention that iCade support will be coming to Chillaxian in an update, not this first one that's rolling out but hopefully the one after. Madgarden also has Saucelifter! that offers iCade support. It's vector retro goodness...with Aliens!
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Very good game! Excellent graphics, retro sounds and controls very well. Just played two games and I'm already addicted
A very easy recommendation!
07-23-2013, 05:10 PM
I had been following the progress of Chillaxian after I voted for it to be made in the poll on Madgarden's site and bought it as soon as I saw it was available.

I'm pleased to say that the finished game more than lives up to its promise! It is a very well implemented retro shooter which has perfect controls. Highly recommended!
07-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Bought ! Great game. I'm a sucker for this particular nostalgia trip being pretty ancient myself
07-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Joy in 600 KB.
07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Joy in 600 KB.
I think he likes it!!
07-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Hmm not sure why it's so huge... guess the package gets fattened up a bit after submission. Should be under 300k. It should fit on a C64 floppy dammit!

Madgarden aka Paul Pridham -- Code, sound, pixels: PUNCH QUEST with rocketcat games, Chillaxian, GlitchMachine, Saucelifter, Sword of Fargoal... and more stuff on the way.
madgarden.net -- saucelifter.com -- glitchmachine.com -- fargoal.com forums -- madgarden@twitter