★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 119.7 MB
  • Version: 1.9
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: / ! \ IMPORTANT NOTE / ! \
Compatible with iPad 2 and up, iPhone 4 and up and iPod touch 5th generation WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES

The year is 50 BC. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders.

Today is a holiday for the Gauls. The whole village is getting together to celebrate the Festival of Punches. The aim is simple: send the Romans as far away as possible to achieve victory. The winner will receive a kiss from the beautiful Panacea.

Travel through the most emblematic countries from the adventures of Asterix, from the Gaul village to Egypt via the Compendium Roman camp, Lutetia and, of course, Romeand not forgetting the pirates, by Jove!

On his journey your Roman will encounter some of the cult characters from the comic series, not only Obelix and Dogmatix, but also the pirates, Normans and Roman patrols.

Features:
- Lots of settings taken from the comic series (Rome, Lutetia, Egypt, Rome, Helvetia, to name a few)
Unlock more than 20 objects (helmet, cloak, helium, etc.) and characters (Obelix, Dogmatix and other legionaries) which will help send your Roman further and further away.
- Take on your friends. Their records are depicted as Romans inflated with helium that you will encounter on your journey.
- Collect the cards for more than 30 characters. Caesar will enjoy telling you their story.

Sanuku's comments:

07-24-2013, 06:06 AM
I love those Asterix comics. They are very famous here in Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrix

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

07-24-2013, 08:07 AM
how does the gameplay work? how do you play it?
Any chance of gameplay video?
07-24-2013, 08:08 AM
I saw the trailer for it and it 'seems' like the standard runner, you can see the distance in the bottom left.

The graphics look perfect, just like theyre from the comics. I loved Asterix as a kid, not so keen on it now but a shame if its yet another runner
07-24-2013, 08:11 AM
The way i see it, not a standard runner, but a standard catapult runner similar to Berzerk Ball and Burrito Bison. I may be wrong though, but that's what i can piece out from the videos.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The way i see it, not a standard runner, but a standard catapult runner similar to Berzerk Ball and Burrito Bison. I may be wrong though, but that's what i can piece out from the videos.
Agreed.
Don't know if it's worth buying. I love Berzerk Ball but I never enjoyed Burrito Bison or Bank Job. And as far as I can remember Bulkypix released a game with similar gameplay just a few month ago.. Can't remember the exact name.. Something with 'Ninja ...'

Game Center: sink_or_swim
07-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
^This is what i'm thinking too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGEweiLLRvY
07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Yea i agree with you..from looking at the short trailer your character Asterix "maga-slaps" a roman (which you can customize) into the air and then its all about how far he travels
07-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I saw the trailer for it and it 'seems' like the standard runner, you can see the distance in the bottom left.

The graphics look perfect, just like theyre from the comics. I loved Asterix as a kid, not so keen on it now but a shame if its yet another runner
It actually looks like a flinging game. You MegaSlap the guy and see how far he goes.
07-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Yes, I'm torn about this - I loved Asterix as a kid and it looks like they really put a lot of the comic's characters and humor into this, but I've never liked flinging games. For Asterix, I would've actually preferred another @$@?! Runner, 'cause it would be more fun to run and endlessly punch various Romans and bad guys but I'll still probably give this a shot. I was skeptical about Tintin Mille Bornes for similar reasons and was pleasantly surprised. I think I will get this because it seems to have a really good sense of humor about it...