Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-24-2013, 05:13 AM

Default Blitz Block Robo - (by Nexus Game Studio) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 11.8 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
*** LAUNCH WEEK SALE! 50% OFF - LIMITED TIME ***

Blitz Block Robo is an action puzzle game with a fresh new take on the typical match puzzler. Simple, yet challenging, control the game grid by sliding blocks, matching colors of any amount to earn points or chain together with special blocks for massive combos.

FEATURES
------------
Addicting, simple, block matching gameplay.
Unique block types add varying effects to the game grid.
Intuitive touch controls.
Robotastic original soundtrack by Marius Masalar (Infinite and Star Command)
Full Game Center leaderboards and achievement support.
iPhone Screenshots

Old 07-24-2013, 05:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

infinite is one of the best (prepare for overused term) hidden gems on the App Store. Have super high hopes for this!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:16 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 6.x

Yup, infinite is one of those "never delete" games that come around every so often. It's a shame it didn't get the attention it deserved, especially seeing as though it's better than Super Hexagon.

Anyway, these devs are great and Blitz Block Robo is a no-brainer purchase for me.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

2 minutes into Sanuku's video and I'm more than convinced. Another winner from Nexus Game Studio. Love the music!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Just discovered this thread! Blown away by your comments.

Just a heads up, a bug in the long gameplay video, the background is not supposed to disappear XD. This only happens once after the tutorial, close the app and start and problem fixes itself for good.

Already working on our 1.1 update to fix some little issues like the Game Center button and that background issue amongst other things. We did not want to pull the app and wait another 2 weeks to release since it's literally nothing game breaking, just minor fixes.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Oh, and music was made by Marius Masalar, you might remember his work from infinite

Last edited by NexusSteve; 07-24-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 08:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

A much faster paced game than I had expected, but once you adjust to its pace really good fun. I did however experience an issue with block sliding not being as responsive as would seem ideal, with frequent occasions of my touch input apparently not being recognised or misinterpreted. For a game that specifically tasks you with swiping frantically and under pressure, it did feel a bit like it was not technically keeping up its end of the bargain.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:01 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
A much faster paced game than I had expected, but once you adjust to its pace really good fun. I did however experience an issue with block sliding not being as responsive as would seem ideal, with frequent occasions of my touch input apparently not being recognised or misinterpreted. For a game that specifically tasks you with swiping frantically and under pressure, it did feel a bit like it was not technically keeping up its end of the bargain.
Hmm... One thing we did notice that may cause that issue is the actual screen size of the device. We never encountered touch issues on tablets because of the screen area, blocks are smaller on a phone screen and can be harder to move if you have larger fingers, the problem of trying not to exclude a player base.

Regardless, we'll look means of trying to improve this I hope it does not hinder your experience.

Last edited by NexusSteve; 07-24-2013 at 09:28 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusSteve View Post
Hmm... One thing we did notice that may cause that issue is the actual screen size of the device. We never encountered touch issues on tablets because of the screen area, blocks are smaller on a phone screen and can be harder to move if you have larger fingers, the problem of trying not to exclude a player base.

Regardless, we'll look means of trying to improve this I hope it does not hinder your experience.
Yes, this was on my iPhone, and I'm yet to try it on my iPad but it did occur to me it should be less of an issue there.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Just wanted to give thanks to everyone who picked up the game, been getting a phenomenal response!

We finished our 1.1 update for iOS that fixes the bugs that we noted, however, due to the developer site still being down, we do not have access to our provisioning profiles that we need in order to compile a new build. Once the site is back up, the update will be sent out ASAP.

EDIT:
1.10 has been submitted to Apple.

We're going to continue improving the game based on your feedback as always

Last edited by NexusSteve; 07-26-2013 at 07:52 PM..