App description: OVER 50,000 DOWNLOADS AROUND THE WORLD!

CRITICS ARE RAVING ABOUT MAGE!

Meet Mage. A happy yet unsuccessful wizard who's one dream is to be powerful and respected.

To do this, he adventures out into the land, seeking some legendary spellbooks that are locked away deep within the dungeon that once held Daos, an ancient and evil wizard.

Mage unwittingly frees the ghost of Daos and gets himself possessed. Now, stuck in the dungeon with nothing but an insulting ghost banging around inside his brain, he has no choice but to keep moving forward and find a way out.
Help him collect the spellbooks required to escape the dungeon and protect him from the many evils lurking within the dungeon... and himself.

Key Features:
- Hours of Gameplay
- Amusing Story Line
- Interesting Boss Fights
- Ghostly Insults
- Magical Spells
- Difficult Challenge Mode
- Tricky Achievements
- Linked to Game Center

Connect with us to see what else we are up to!
www.facebook.com/PlusIntStudios
www.Twitter.com/PlusIntStudios
www.PlusIntStudios.com.au

undeadcow's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Any impressions for this game?

07-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Has anyone tried this yet? Thinking of picking it up as it looks like it could be one of those hidden indie gems. (Well maybe)
07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
They had me at "Ghostly Insults."

Last edited by Andy C83; 07-29-2013 at 02:00 PM.
07-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Just scratched the surface but so far I like this game.This has a lot of charm and satire.Dungeon crawl type experience with many twists and turns, several hidden rooms to find. You progress pretty quickly, power ups and spell books to be found.

Controls well, left hand side of the screen, 2 arrows for movement (front & back). Right hand side 3 buttons jump,attack,duck/crouch.

So far Ive unlocked breath under the water, mega jump and throwing fireballs.
If you like these types of games it's a winner for 99 cent.

Not exactly sure the length of the game but there's a lot of exploration to be done.Recommend

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
07-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Just scratched the surface but so far I like this game.This has a lot of charm and satire.Dungeon crawl type experience with many twists and turns, several hidden rooms to find. You progress pretty quickly, power ups and spell books to be found.

Controls well, left hand side of the screen, 2 arrows for movement (front & back). Right hand side 3 buttons jump,attack,duck/crouch.

So far Ive unlocked breath under the water, mega jump and throwing fireballs.
If you like these types of games it's a winner for 99 cent.

Not exactly sure the length of the game but there's a lot of exploration to be done.Recommend
Thanks for the impressions dude.

The video gives off a "floaty" impression...would I be wrong in assuming the jumping's a bit floaty?

Oh, and someone posted a thread for "Ascent of Kings" earlier today. Check it out if you're interested in Metroidvanias. Great stuff.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-29-2013, 03:08 PM
A bit but its tolerable. Not "floaty" enough to be a deterrent/game breaker.Also through out the game you get new jumping ability which makes all the difference.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Biggie: Thanks for the impressions, dude. Definitely seems like something I'd dig. I'll be able download it in a couple of hours.

MC: I missed your post in the "Ascent of Kings" thread earlier. Looks good!
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Bought.

Yeah, Ascent's pretty awesome Andy. The graphics are really simple, but there's something captivating about the game.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-29-2013, 08:24 PM
More than anything else, I'm surprised that the title "Mage" wasn't already a name taken on the App Store.